Home

Head Coach/Coordinator Question

This is a discussion on Head Coach/Coordinator Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2015, 10:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Head Coach/Coordinator Question

So I'm thinking about starting a dynasty as a HC and was wondering whether or not I should use my own playbook that I start out with, or just use whatever playbooks my OC/DC have.

I tend to get bored with having the same playbook year after year, so I'm leaning toward the latter. Also, would any of you guys recommend using 'ask coach' while on offense or defense as a way of replicating coordinators calling plays instead of just picking your own? I feel like this would be a good challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2015, 11:44 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Head Coach/Coordinator Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
So I'm thinking about starting a dynasty as a HC and was wondering whether or not I should use my own playbook that I start out with, or just use whatever playbooks my OC/DC have.
Question asked (okay, it's not a question, but you get the point).......
Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
I tend to get bored with having the same playbook year after year, so I'm leaning toward the latter.
and question answered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-15-2015, 05:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Sparkchaser18's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea, go with the "ask coach" plays. It can be frustrating, but a good challenge.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

This idea might answer your question, I guess...

I recently started a new dynasty as a head coach at West Virginia. To try to develop a more unique playbook, I created a somewhat small one myself. From there, I took a few formations/plays from the WVU playbook that I didn't already have. If/when I switch to a new team or get a new coordinator, I plan to do the same thing. In theory, I'll have my initial playbook with influences from my coordinators after a while. I'm sure that I'll eventually start to replace instead of add but the idea is pretty much the same. Especially since I can't actually pick my new coordinators (I still think this is a hilariously bad design choice), things could get interesting.

In terms of "Ask Coach," I will sometimes use that as a suggestion for a type of play rather than limit myself to what is offered. I used to always do Ask Coach but then they took away the ability to adjust the sets (Spell HB, TE Slot, DLine Sub, OLB Switch, etc) from that and I haven't really gone back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »