Home

Help with House Rules

This is a discussion on Help with House Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 07:44 AM   #1

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Help with House Rules

Hey all,

I am trying to put together some house rules for some conference realignments and I was wondering if you might throw in your thoughts. Since conference invites disappeared after NCAA '11 and we now have user control of moving teams some of the challenge of getting that invite to a major conference from lower tier conferences has disappeared. So what do you all think would be some good house rules before moving a team like Tulane to the SEC or Western Michigan to the Big10? What sort of goals should we have to complete? X amounts of conference championships? So much time in the top 25? A high enough ranked recruiting class?

Curious to hear your thoughts! Thank you!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Help with House Rules

I'd start with Boise State as an example. Since joining the FBS in 2001, Boise has a record of 157-26. They've had 2 undefeated seasons, won 10 conference championships, finished in the top 25 TEN times, yet they're still in a mid-major conference. Why? Well, a lot of it has to do with market. There really isn't much of one in Idaho, and a lot of conferences don't stand to gain much from having Boise join, other than increased travel expenses. Now if Tulane had the same results, they'd be in the SEC (despite protest from LSU). New Orleans is a much bigger market than Boise, Idaho. So I'd say, personally, that if a team like Tulane were to win 3 conference championships in a row, and have 1-2 losses a year, they may be looking at an invite. Maybe five years in a row to show sustained success, along with a few marquee wins against major programs.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree, I would say maybe 5 years of 0 to 2 loss seasons, at least 3 conference championships, and bowl victories. Another important thing for me would be wins over power opponents. You could start scheduling SEC opponents regularly and if you beat them, you will be good enough to join them. Maybe start with 1 game a year and then, a few years in you could play 3 or 4 SEC opponents a year. Good luck!!
Old 07-25-2015, 06:19 PM   #4

Cheese2121's Arena

Thanks for the great feedback guys. I think you hit the nail on the head and brought up a lot of important and interesting points. The market aspect is something I hadn't really thought a lot about and something that would have to be written carefully into my dynasty story. I think three conference championships at least would be necessary and I may put that down as a hard and fast rule.

Thank you again! If anyone else has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 07-25-2015, 10:08 PM   #5
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese2121
Thanks for the great feedback guys. I think you hit the nail on the head and brought up a lot of important and interesting points. The market aspect is something I hadn't really thought a lot about and something that would have to be written carefully into my dynasty story. I think three conference championships at least would be necessary and I may put that down as a hard and fast rule.

Thank you again! If anyone else has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!
I think Tulane is a good candidate for moving up to the SEC! Especially because of their stadium size and recruiting landscape. Plus Tulane was in the SEC from 1932–1966 so that would make a good storyline for your dynasty. For a team like Western Michigan, I'm not so sure. Personally, I would want their stadium capacity to be on par with the rest of the conference, but that is just me. Some other teams with big stadiums that I think would be good to move up to the Power 5 would be UCF, USF, San Diego State, Georgia State, UMass, or Temple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2015, 10:57 PM   #6
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
I think Tulane is a good candidate for moving up to the SEC! Especially because of their stadium size and recruiting landscape. Plus Tulane was in the SEC from 1932–1966 so that would make a good storyline for your dynasty. For a team like Western Michigan, I'm not so sure. Personally, I would want their stadium capacity to be on par with the rest of the conference, but that is just me. Some other teams with big stadiums that I think would be good to move up to the Power 5 would be UCF, USF, San Diego State, Georgia State, UMass, or Temple.

Don't forget though that Tulane is getting their own stadium built. Capacity will be 30,000. However if you want to just go by the game then yes they have a good enough facility.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #7

Cheese2121's Arena

I must be honest, I am actually thinking in terms of Eastern Michigan, way way down the road in my NCAA '12 report. While perhaps not the most realistic scenario, hopefully if we become a big enough powerhouse (a very big if) I can write it realistically into the storyline. Thank you again for the help fellas!

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »