Home

Your "I'm addicted to NCAA Football" moment

This is a discussion on Your "I'm addicted to NCAA Football" moment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2015, 12:58 AM   #25
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon10 Re: Your "I'm addicted to NCAA Football" moment

I remember the days of BWCF and the days of Nebraska and the wishbone option offense. LOL

I didn't really get into it until PS1 days NCAA 99 and NCAA strategies (DaBirk) and I rolled on the forums as blondetom. I remember the good old days of the play editor and everyone was submitting there plays to be picked for the "Hot Play" of the week. I myself was the only person who made a working flea flicker on the game thru the play editor.

I was hooked on NCAA 99 dynasty mode. I went 65-0 with USL (Louisiana–Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns ) with I think 2 restarts. Plus it had a playoff mode. Talk about balls to wall ball games to keep your hopes to make the top 16 then keep going deep in the playoffs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #26
Rookie

Re: Your "I'm addicted to NCAA Football" moment

This is a great thread. I've had so many of those moments, too, even going all the way back to my PS days, yes the original playstation with NCAA 98, Danny Wuerffel on the cover.

I would play all the bowl games during bowl season on the highest level, so in December 1998 I was playing a bowl game featuring NC State vs. Miami. This was on NCAA 99, with Woodson on the cover. I was controlling NC State and torched the Miami secondary with Torrey Holt, remember him from the Rams, for about 280 yards receiving and 4 TD's. But, I couldn't hold on to win losing 45-41 late. I still have the printout of that bowl season with those stats and such in a binder with my new games

Another moment occurred with the 2007 version on the PS2 with Reggie Bush. In early August of that year I was in the first season of a Pitt dynasty. My wife and kids had moved out of state and I would follow a couple months later so I had the house to my self every day after work. Pretty much everything took a back seat to cranking out seasons before I moved.

I had a wild one going, I can't remember for the life of me against who, but I remember it was one of those late summer days in Ohio when you can finally open the windows and let some fresh air in. I was really into the game and was announcing it with quite a bit of fervor when I realized that my high-pitched announcing and antics could be seen and heard by my neighbors who were not 50 feet away in their driveway looking through the window to try and figure out WTH was going on in my house.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #27
Rookie

astone1996's Arena

Boy do I remember the days of the PS2. Days and days of games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #28
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

I always played NCAA Football back until 2002. But I really started getting addicted in 09 when Online Dynasty came out. Being in High School at the time 09 came out, I remember telling my parents I was sick and I couldn't go to school (when I really wasn't sick) just so I can play Online Dynasty with these really dedicated people that had no jobs and were online 24/7. We had so many arguments back and forth and a lot of smack talking. I also remember on NCAA13 and NCAA14 where I was in this Online Dynasty that had a website and everything. We had scouting reports where you had to write at least a paragraph about the person you played. Kind of corny but it was really fun and we all got to know each other very well.

And how can I ever forget getting the game at midnight every year at GameStop and playing it all night. One of the greatest feelings ever. And waiting for the rosters to come out? Those were some great times.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:07 PM   #29
Rookie

Another of my favorite moments came on release day 2002.

I had just had hernia surgery the day before and the pain meds from the hospital were not doing the trick. There was no way I was going out that Tuesday to pick up the game.

But, at about noon that day a good friend showed up and knocked at my door, knowing the shape I was in. When I hobbled over to the front door from the couch, he stood there and plopped a copy of NCAA 2003 into my hands,

I was set, didn't need any more pain medication for the hernia surgery. My wife was a bit surprised to see me playing the latest video game when she got home from work.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:27 AM   #30

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty67
Another of my favorite moments came on release day 2002.

I had just had hernia surgery the day before and the pain meds from the hospital were not doing the trick. There was no way I was going out that Tuesday to pick up the game.

But, at about noon that day a good friend showed up and knocked at my door, knowing the shape I was in. When I hobbled over to the front door from the couch, he stood there and plopped a copy of NCAA 2003 into my hands,

I was set, didn't need any more pain medication for the hernia surgery. My wife was a bit surprised to see me playing the latest video game when she got home from work.
Fantastic. This is the kind of person everyone needs in their life.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 08-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #31

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

My obsession started some point in the late 90s on the ol' PS1. I was a notepad stat keeper. I can still remember being a 16 year old kid playing an epic game with Rutgers at Miami that ended with a TD on the first play of my O.T. My QB's last name was "Swift."

It wasn't until the early 2000s that I discovered chising, and it's been in me ever since.

I get so much joy out of being able to go back and read and view pictures of old games I have played, even from years ago. It's like a time capsule of sorts.

Heck, I just played a game this past Saturday night and I can't stop going back and looking at the stats/pics/game story of it. I'm hooked on NCAA.

My gaming time is kind of limited at this point due to real life, but it is still in me.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 07:10 PM   #32
Rookie

TheNorm30's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
Youngin's....

Bill Walsh College Football.
This, right here. I'm pretty confident that I bought every single college football release from EA, and played countless hours on the Genesis, then the Playstations 1-3. Seasons, then franchises. Even got involved in a few online leagues down the road in the mid-2000s (names like BDawg, thai, and Roadhouse come to mind). But dynasties were my favorite: recruiting and playing the games may have taken up a lot of gaming time but it was all worth it to me.

Still have my copy of 14 and I'll download rosters for this season, but real life has limited my playing time the last few years and I'm pretty rusty. College football's the one for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »