Home

Tip for people with PS2 version of NCAA Football

This is a discussion on Tip for people with PS2 version of NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2004, 11:53 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Tip for people with PS2 version of NCAA Football

I read somewhere (not here at OS) a few weeks back about using an S-video cable for the PS2. Someone said it really improved the visuals. I found one at Best Buy for less than $10 that is compatible with all four current consoles and decided to see if this was legit or not.

Let me tell you, it was amazing the difference it made for the PS2. I could tell a huge difference in NHL 2004 for the PS2. No joke, with the S-video cable it looks like it is an X-Box game. The color, contrast, sharpness and overall graphics were all easily noticeably better.

I tried using the S-video for the X-Box with MVP 2004, but only noticed a very slight improvement in picture quality. I have a regular old JVC picture-tube TV, by the way.

Anyways, it won't help with NCAA's slow load or sim times for the PS2, but it definitely reduces the gap when it comes to visuals between the two systems, at least on EA games it seems. I only hate I just got around to getting one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2004, 12:11 PM   #2
Pro

horsemen's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tip for people with PS2 version of NCAA Football

S-video is nice if it is the best your TV supports but if you can go component, make the leap to that. It will help your visuals even more.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Many, many PS2 cables on eBay, both S-video (better) and component (best). Prices around $5-10, no reason not to have one. You will not regret it.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:36 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

I have component cables now, but the jump in visuals was WAY more noticable when I went from composite to S-Video. When I went component, it was a boost, but not as big IMO.
Old 06-24-2004, 12:38 PM   #5
Rookie

radoslaw77's Arena

OVR: 2

Can someone post a link to an s-video and to a component cable? I am such an idiot that I couldn't find either.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

Which one is the ones with the white, yellow, and red wires that you plug into your TV?
Old 06-24-2004, 12:49 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

Wsv771 said:
I have component cables now, but the jump in visuals was WAY more noticable when I went from composite to S-Video. When I went component, it was a boost, but not as big IMO.

But the jump fron composite to component is even greater.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:42 PM   #8
Pro

horsemen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

APD0290 said:
Which one is the ones with the white, yellow, and red wires that you plug into your TV?

That is you basic composite cable, which is the norm and below S-Video and component in terms of picture quality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »