Home

Sooners 2003 revisited...........

This is a discussion on Sooners 2003 revisited........... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2004, 11:07 AM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Sooners 2003 revisited...........

Well there is no question that our guys had one of the 3 most talented teams in the country last year BUT, you cant win on talent. The bottom line is in those last two games we were outcoached, and outplayed. When people got after White he was exposed for being a sitting duck. I still believe being that we only lost the National Title game by a TD, if Thompson had been in at least to move around and scramble we could've at LEAST tied the game up if not won it. That was a horrible coached game and the only reason they left White in is b/c he had won the Heisman.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

stoncold32 said:
WI still believe being that we only lost the National Title game by a TD, if Thompson had been in at least to move around and scramble we could've at LEAST tied the game up if not won it. That was a horrible coached game and the only reason they left White in is b/c he had won the Heisman.

It was a horribly coached game, but they could have won it with White in there, if they would have kept running the football. I like Chuck Long's play calling, even in the Big XII CG, but I felt he ruined OU's chances in the Sugar Bowl, at least the 4th quarter of it.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:54 PM   #11
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

stoncold32 said:
That was a horrible coached game and the only reason they left White in is b/c he had won the Heisman.

and because he's a better QB than Paul Thompson, but I guess we can overlook that if you want....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 08:05 PM   #12
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't know how you can take out your Heisman winning quarterback and put in a QB who has never started a game in the national championship game. Even if White was banged up a bit I still think we did the right thing. He got us there and it was his game. Things just didn't work out. As for K-State, they deserved to win. The most talented team doesn't always win and it was obvious the way they played that they wanted the game more although that shouldn't of been an excuse. If we would of won that game I think we would of won the National title game. After that game I think our players had a little doubt about themselves. They seemed to lose that swagger. I hated the way last season ended. Now everyone thinks we were overrated!!! I can understand why the way we lost the last two games but I don't think that was the same OU team that started 12-0 and beat Texas 65-13. Remember K-State lost to both Texas and Oklahoma state. Teams OU blew out. I hope this season OU and USC go undefeated so we can meet in the Orange bowl with something to prove.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:14 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

BleedPurple said:
Quote:

Jistic said:
Or maybe they were actually beaten by better teams...

I will be the first to say definitely not.

Speak for K-State. You would have a hard time convincing me LSU wasn't better than OU, or that they were at least on the same level. And I don't think it had much to do with what OU wasn't doing, cause LSU did the same thing to every team they played last year. LSU's game was to play man defense in the secondary and throw crazy blitzes at the offense, and it worked. Give OU some credit, they played hard and they competed, it just wasn't their night. And, just to stoke the fires a bit, I think either LSU or OU would have beaten USC.

By the way, I'm an LSU fan that has just moved to Oklahoma. Are there any guys on here from the OKC area?
Old 06-28-2004, 09:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:

stoncold32 said:I still believe being that we only lost the National Title game by a TD,

2 Touchdowns. Final score was 21-7, but who's keeping track.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:22 PM   #15
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

OVR: 9

one td, 21-14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 11:32 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

tzeno said:
Quote:

stoncold32 said:I still believe being that we only lost the National Title game by a TD,

2 Touchdowns. Final score was 21-7, but who's keeping track.

Obviously not you. j/j

I agree. LSU was a better last season. Hands down, they had the best defense in the country. Would have stopped any offense, including USC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »