Home

Sooners 2003 revisited...........

This is a discussion on Sooners 2003 revisited........... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2004, 11:41 PM   #17
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Sooners 2003 revisited...........

"2 Touchdowns. Final score was 21-7, but who's keeping track."

I don't know if you are a bandwagon fan or if you even followed LSU until they won the title but the final score was 21-14. For the record get your facts straight.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:53 AM   #18
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

BigDofBA said:
"2 Touchdowns. Final score was 21-7, but who's keeping track."

I don't know if you are a bandwagon fan or if you even followed LSU until they won the title but the final score was 21-14. For the record get your facts straight.

Counting only offensive touchdowns, it was a tie game. One bad pass was the difference in the score; quit acting like LSU just completely killed them.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:43 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

I have been a OU fan since 93 and haven't looked back. Teams can't win them all that would take the fun out of watching any sport. OU had every reason to both win or lose those last 2 games. Simply take your pick. My pick is that we didn't show up...period. That was not the same team that looked invincible all season long. I can pretty much gadge how a game is gonna turn out from just watching how teams come out of the locker room and OU had that same look on their faces as did Florida State had win they beat them in 2000. I'm not making this up guys. If you ever played football or been around the game long enough then you few can understand what I'm saying. I do know this OU for all its explosive offense last year their running by commitee style hurt the team more than it's last 2 defeats. I refuse to excuse one of my favorite teams by saying this but none their runners are good enough to start and I hope Adrian Peterson develops into an immediate impact runner.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:27 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

OU was a different team after Sproles ran that long touchdown in the Big 12 game. OU was a DOMINANT team... don't get me wrong I really dont like OU but pre Big 12 championship they were one of the better teams I have ever seen. I think the main difference between pre and post big 12 championship is they stopped getting breaks. OU was always a team that to their credit got "lucky" bounces. The batted ball in the UT game that was returned for a TD was a "lucky" bounce and the 4 INT's that bounced off of Tech recievers 1st were "lucky". This is to take nothing away from them at all, It takes a well disciplined and swarming defense to have things go your way nearly all the time. But in the Big 12 championship game and the National Championship they got none of their breaks that the usually get in fact, all the breaks went the other way and I have to believe this was fairly disheartening. And also for the record I think from watching all of them play numerous times, BOTH LSU and OU were better than USC.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:35 PM   #21
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

Quote:

aliefallstar said:
OU was a different team after Sproles ran that long touchdown in the Big 12 game. OU was a DOMINANT team... don't get me wrong I really dont like OU but pre Big 12 championship they were one of the better teams I have ever seen. I think the main difference between pre and post big 12 championship is they stopped getting breaks. OU was always a team that to their credit got "lucky" bounces. The batted ball in the UT game that was returned for a TD was a "lucky" bounce and the 4 INT's that bounced off of Tech recievers 1st were "lucky". This is to take nothing away from them at all, It takes a well disciplined and swarming defense to have things go your way nearly all the time. But in the Big 12 championship game and the National Championship they got none of their breaks that the usually get in fact, all the breaks went the other way and I have to believe this was fairly disheartening. And also for the record I think from watching all of them play numerous times, BOTH LSU and OU were better than USC.

As an OU fan, I thought USC was better than both LSU and OU, so it's all relative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2004, 02:05 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

shortsoldier said:

Counting only offensive touchdowns, it was a tie game. One bad pass was the difference in the score; quit acting like LSU just completely killed them.

LSU had a chance to blow the game open in the 4th quarter. Mauck threw the INT and OU regained the momentum. The "ifs" go both ways...

Bottom line: LSU was the better team on that day and won the National Championship.

Both OU and LSU will be very good this year. OU has more people returning and has an easier schedule. I'm not saying that OU has an "easy" schedule - just that the only potential roadblock I see on the regular season schedule is the game at K State. Ohlahoma State could be tough (they always give the Sooners a test - except last year) but I'm not counting Texas as a tough game as long as Mack Brown keeps coaching the Horns. LSU, meanwhile, has to go to Georgia, Florida, and Auburn.

Here's hoping both teams find a way to get to a rematch in Miami...

Geaux Tigers.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:12 PM   #23
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

Quote:

jackchaney2005 said:
Quote:

shortsoldier said:

LSU had a chance to blow the game open in the 4th quarter. Mauck threw the INT and OU regained the momentum. The "ifs" go both ways...

Bottom line: LSU was the better team on that day and won the National Championship.

Both OU and LSU will be very good this year. OU has more people returning and has an easier schedule. I'm not saying that OU has an "easy" schedule - just that the only potential roadblock I see on the regular season schedule is the game at K State. Ohlahoma State could be tough (they always give the Sooners a test - except last year) but I'm not counting Texas as a tough game as long as Mack Brown keeps coaching the Horns. LSU, meanwhile, has to go to Georgia, Florida, and Auburn.

Here's hoping both teams find a way to get to a rematch in Miami...

Geaux Tigers.

I'm not disputing that LSU was a better team that day; it was a great game and should be remembered as such. However, there are certain factions of the LSU fanbase that act as if they won 100-0. As badly as OU played (and they played horribly), they still had a great chance to win that game. So, let's remember it as the great game that it was and not get carried away arguing how badly OU lost. Here's to OU and LSU in the Orange Bowl!
Old 06-29-2004, 03:05 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 11

here here...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »