Quote:

husker9 said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

husker9 said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Again the Big 12 was not as strong as advertised, as proved by their post season performance. The Pac 10 unlike the Big 12 actually won some bowl games last year. The tough conference argument no longer holds water.

BK, I told you as long as Nebraska wins theirs then

Keep going to games like the Alamo Bowl, and they have a decent shot at it.

Dont make me bring up John Robinson .

He was pretty succesful in his first stint. But the Robinson part 2 years, paired with the Hackett years were horrendous.

Yep, sounds like Mike DuBose at Alabama... He ruined Bama for at least 5 years after he left. Robinson did have Keyshawn though, how he got him I'll never know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2004, 12:58 AM   #42
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Corn Coast Offense

Quote:

husker9 said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

husker9 said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

husker9 said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Again the Big 12 was not as strong as advertised, as proved by their post season performance. The Pac 10 unlike the Big 12 actually won some bowl games last year. The tough conference argument no longer holds water.

BK, I told you as long as Nebraska wins theirs then

Keep going to games like the Alamo Bowl, and they have a decent shot at it.

Dont make me bring up John Robinson .

He was pretty succesful in his first stint. But the Robinson part 2 years, paired with the Hackett years were horrendous.

Yep, sounds like Mike DuBose at Alabama... He ruined Bama for at least 5 years after he left. Robinson did have Keyshawn though, how he got him I'll never know.

Keyshawn has some off-field and academic issues I believe. USC is a private school, and doesn't have the entrance restrictions of a state sponsored school.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:08 AM   #43
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Nebraska football is going to be even more painful than usually to watch this year.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:17 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 7

Damm if 10-3 is mediocre sign me up! Nebraska will have a good season there defense is really good and the offense can't be any worse than last season.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:50 AM   #45
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Quote:

toneloc99 said:
Damm if 10-3 is mediocre sign me up! Nebraska will have a good season there defense is really good and the offense can't be any worse than last season.

What I mean is that their offence is going to be Chicago Bears-esque in that it's all dink and dump passing and small rushing gains.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2004, 03:56 AM   #46
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

cooldude said:
Quote:

toneloc99 said:

What I mean is that their offence is going to be Chicago Bears-esque in that it's all dink and dump passing and small rushing gains.

No I called them mediocre. They played 3 legit teams last year and got spanked all three times.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:35 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

bkrich83 said:

Only one of the Big XII teams was favored in their bowl game last year. The rest were the underdogs...
Old 06-30-2004, 08:43 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't see how anyone can say the Big XII was overrated last year. Overrated as a whole maybe, but not last year. Nobody expected it to be that tough of a conference last year, and it really wasn't. Until Nebraska's downfall is reversed and Texas learns how to win a big game, we won't really be that tough of conference on a team-by-team basis. I think it's a deeper conference than most, but not nesessarily better. I think as far as that goes, we're about the third or fourth toughest conference right now.

There were times last year when there were I think we had seven teams ranked in the top 25. That's pretty good. None of the teams were world beaters (except OU pre-meltdown), but still pretty solid top to bottom.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »