Old 06-30-2004, 09:10 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Corn Coast Offense

Quote:

TheBoredGuy said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Again the Big 12 was not as strong as advertised, as proved by their post season performance. The Pac 10 unlike the Big 12 actually won some bowl games last year. The tough conference argument no longer holds water.

Only one of the Big XII teams was favored in their bowl game last year. The rest were the underdogs...

No. Top of my head says at least 3: texas over wazzu, blow u , and ttu over navy (and was k-state before ell got a little too frisky??). And if you are serious about insinuating the pac 10 is as good as the big 12, you need to watch a litle more football. Yes, the big 12 was a little overrated, but the pac 10 (minus USC) is a freaking joke.

By the way, my 2 cents say that Callahan (and Pederson) will be run out of town in 3 years - after 3 consecutive sub .500 seasons.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:24 AM   #50
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

HomerSimpson said:
Quote:

TheBoredGuy said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Again the Big 12 was not as strong as advertised, as proved by their post season performance. The Pac 10 unlike the Big 12 actually won some bowl games last year. The tough conference argument no longer holds water.

Only one of the Big XII teams was favored in their bowl game last year. The rest were the underdogs...

No. Top of my head says at least 3: texas over wazzu, blow u , and ttu over navy (and was k-state before ell got a little too frisky??). And if you are serious about insinuating the pac 10 is as good as the big 12, you need to watch a litle more football. Yes, the big 12 was a little overrated, but the pac 10 (minus USC) is a freaking joke.

By the way, my 2 cents say that Callahan (and Pederson) will be run out of town in 3 years - after 3 consecutive sub .500 seasons.

I don't think callahan will go sub .500, but Nebraska fans will put up with a passing offense about as much as Auburn fans did (see Terry Bowden)
Old 06-30-2004, 09:43 AM   #51
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Don't use a bowl win over Michigan State as a BIG win. Sparty was BAD this year. Yes, they won a couple good games. But, remember, besides losing to Michigan and Ohio State, they lost to Lousiana Tech @ home and got BLOWN OUT by Wisconsin. They were not a good team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2004, 10:18 AM   #52
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Yes, the big 12 was a little overrated, but the pac 10 (minus USC) is a freaking joke.

Mo one is saying the Pac 10 is as good as the Big 12, but calling it a joke minus USC means you need to watch a little more football.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:13 PM   #53
Rookie

UAB_Fan's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

husker9 said:
No problem. Just beat UAB this year. They smack talk way too much. They call Legion Field the best field there is. Funny really

Fat chance; I think UAB'll pull out a win against Houston this year.

And, as far as smack talk goes, who doesn't talk smack?

Oh, for the record, I personally hate Legion Field; it's too big for UAB right now; give us a few more years, and we'll be fine.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:10 AM   #54
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

UAB_Fan said:
Quote:

husker9 said:
No problem. Just beat UAB this year. They smack talk way too much. They call Legion Field the best field there is. Funny really

Fat chance; I think UAB'll pull out a win against Houston this year.

And, as far as smack talk goes, who doesn't talk smack?

Oh, for the record, I personally hate Legion Field; it's too big for UAB right now; give us a few more years, and we'll be fine.

Smack talk when you go to a bowl game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »