Home

Old 06-29-2004, 01:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Corn Coast Offense

Anyone else who plays as the Huskers not too psyched about getting their hands on 2005 fearing that their beloved option style offense will be gone? Or is it just me? I love running the football and taking 15 or more plays to score, you really feel like you beat someone when you march all over them and they can't stop you rather than getting by with having 2 or 3 big plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2004, 02:05 PM   #2
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Corn Coast Offense

You can run any offense you want. Create your own 'Old-School' Nebraska playbook and you'll be fine.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:15 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Fear not-the 2004 Huskers will still require 15 plays to score, they'll just be dink passing instead of running.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am glad the option is gone. I am glad I can cheer for the Huskers once again. I took a hiatus while Crouch was at QB and Solich was in office. Solich sucked as a coach and needed to be replaced. We needed a change and Big Bill Callahan is impressing me more and more. Now that Nebraska has a different look I may actually use them in this years game. It will be really cool to try and play with the different offense and then recruit the talent needed in the next few years to be successful. That's what it's all about.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nebraska football has been bad for the last couple of years. Bad as in their standards that the big red faithfull have come to expect. I cant stand the bugeyes anyways! Being a Hawkeye fan!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2004, 03:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Its pretty much been summed up well by the previous posters. You can run any offense you want thanks to the custom playbooks feature in this game. It will be interesting to see what EA puts in as our west coast offense. As the season goes along, I will build a custom playbook that more accurately mirrors what we will run.

In terms of real life, the Nebraska offense that I love has been dead for 6 years. It was last seen when Osborne was coach. Solich's QB first "optionless option" was never an effective approach since when you shut down the QB you shut down the whole offense. Nebraska was not an option team under Osborne, we were a power running team that used the option as a compliment to the power running game.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:03 PM   #7
Rookie

I saw this posted someplace else, but can't find it right now, so I'll summarize:

Five most confusing aspects of the Corn-Coast Offense to current Nebraska players:
1. Offensive lineman don't understand why they can't run down-field and block,
2. TEs thought their only job was to run down-field and crack-back the LBs and safeties,
3. FBs don't understand why they can't lead block for the RB during pass routes to the flats,
4. WRs only know how to chop block the corners, "we're supposed to catch the ball too?",
5. QBs only thought they could throw the ball backward, like on the option pitch.

I know I didn't do it justice, but the new offense will be a huge adjustment nonetheless.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:59 PM   #8
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

coogrfan said:
Fear not-the 2004 Huskers will still require 15 plays to score, they'll just be dink passing instead of running.

A UH fan talking about NU, funny. The Big Red will be back. We may struggle a little this year but we'll be back, you can bet the farm on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »