Home

Favorite NCAA moments

This is a discussion on Favorite NCAA moments within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Favorite NCAA moments

Just popped in NCAA 14 after quite awhile and it got me to thinking about my favorite times playing an NCAA football game. I love reminiscing. The moments that shine for me me are sitting around with some friends in college playing 08 against each other for hours at a time.

What were some of your favorite NCAA moments? Winning the Heisman in RTG? Land a monster recruit? I'd love to read about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #2
Rookie

legonerfdude's Arena

Re: Favorite NCAA moments

Throwing 7 picks as Oregon against Texas tech and still blowing them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Favorite NCAA moments

My favorite NCAA Football story and it's not even close:

I was in my third season of my Kansas State dynasty when I recruited a kid by the name of Ed Davis. He was a 4-star JUCO Athlete (which made complete sense because half of Snyder’s players are JUCO kids).

At 6’1 200lb, Davis was the only player I’ve ever had that could literally play over 5 positions equally. He was an 80-84 OVR (in 06, 84 was the max for any recruit) at HB, WR, OLB, CB, SS, and FS. He had 99 Speed. I sadly don’t remember the rest of his ratings but he was simply the best player I have ever seen or played with on any video game.

He came in as a Sophomore and I had no choice but to start him at SS since I was weak there. He was also my kick and punt returner, he basically done it all for me.

In his first year he broke the national single-season interception record (and I never control the SS) and had several returns for touchdowns. I never controlled him either, all CPU there. He ended up being a finalist for the Heisman in his first year though he didn’t win. He is the only defensive player I have seen on 06 that was a finalist for that award, amazing really! Since he had an A+ Potential rating, he finished the season as an 88 OVR, incredible!

Sadly I stopped playing that dynasty after that season which I regret to this day. I can’t imagine what other feats he would have done for me. If I had some depth at SS I would have moved him over to offense just to see what he could do. Such a shame that I quit that dynasty.

Ed Davis is the reason I still play 06 today. You just never know what players will come your way and give you memories that you will never forget.

Long live #5!

Last edited by volwalker; 10-09-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Favorite moment would have to be in my previous UMass dynasty with '14 rosters.

Trailing Bowling Green late in the game, 24-27. Offense is driving, but is pushed back with a sack, false start, then another sack. So on 3rd and 32, I run the ball to try to get closer for a long field goal attempt to tie the game.

Freshman running back Lorenzo Woodley, who was having a phenomenal year so far, runs for 35 (!!!) yards on 3rd and 32! Offense then goes on to score the game winning touchdown!

Greatest moment of my NCAA career.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:10 PM   #5
Rookie

TheKingTodo's Arena

My greatest moment was an entire game that I decided to play for fun.

15 Minute Quarters, Heisman Diff.

I decided to play the Backyard Brawl as WVU (huge WVU fan here) and set the weather to snowy as possible. Looked like a blizzard was falling.

I don't remember the specifics (this game was about a year ago) but I lost on a 59 YARD FIELD GOAL as time expired and I was honestly heartbroken. 56-55. About 1400 combined yards of offense.

First game I ever played with 15 minute quarters and Heisman difficulty on. It was simply the greatest thing from NCAA 12 I've ever seen. I now exclusively play NCAA 14 and I've had games come close to it but none touch the marvelousness of the Backyard Snow Brawl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 11:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Zaky29's Arena

Probably my favorite NCAA moment was in NCAA 14 with Washington State. Usually around midseason once I've landed some recruits, I'll look for people who are less than 25% committed to see if there were any gems that went unnoticed. I found the sixth-ranked athlete with a 90 speed, 84 throw power, 86 accuracy. He started as a true freshman at QB and fit in perfectly with my spread option offense, and ended up scoring 100+ career touchdowns and broke the career rushing yards record. Won three Heismans and two triple crowns.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #7
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

The times I look back upon most fondly are the online rivalries I developed when online play first started in NCAA 2004. I played Yragha and Roadhouse from MaddenMania countless times. We got to where we were practically best friends, even though we never met each other. We were pretty evenly matched, so the games were usually pretty close.

I guess my favorite online moment was putting wide receiver Jermaine Gonzales of Michigan at quarterback for my final drive against Miami, controlled by Roadhouse. This wasn't as cheesy as it sounds, because Gonzales was recruited as a quarterback and had QB ratings in the low 80s. Throwing, but mostly running, Gonzo rallied me to a comeback win - and a legend was born.

In my dynasties, there are moments too numerous to mention, but some stand out.

Recruiting a running back named Joey McBride from Haslett, Mich. in my NCAA 2005 Michigan dynasty and having him go over for more than 6,000 rushing yards in three seasons before turning pro - then using him in my Madden franchise.

A comeback win against Iowa using Michigan in NCAA 2012. The details of how I got there were fuzzy, but I think I was down a couple of scores, got the ball back with one more shot at the end zone - hit a bomb, go for 2, win it. Over 3,000 points on the ESPN Classic scale. By far my greatest game points wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »