Home

Old 06-30-2004, 01:30 PM   #33
Th*t Cr*zy Cr*ck*r

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 2005 is golden

*meteorologist on*

The angle of incidence of the sunlight entering the earth's atmosphere is the greatest influence on daytime heating. In the winter, when the earth's axis is tilted away from the sun, the angle of incidence is low, the sun does not get as "high" in the sky, and the incoming solar radiation is limited. Thusly, the sun does not have the same capacity to heat during the winter as it does during the summer, and a clear bright day can be incredibly cold.

With regards to the clouds, the percentage of radiation entering the earth's atmosphere that is reflected is known as its albedo (albedo is a general term for the percentage of radiation reflected by a body). Clouds, particularly dense, lower level stratus clouds, serve as excellent insulators and either absorb much of this albedo, or reflect is back towards the surface. Thus, while much of the sun's radiation would not make it past the clouds, the albedo emitted from the surface would also not make it past the clouds, insulating the surface and keeping temperatures warmer.

*meteorologist off*

They got it right, some of the coldest days are the sunniest ones.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:33 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

This is what happens when the Canadian high pressure dips down into the northern plains. The ol' Alberta Clipper. AKA 'The Hawk'.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:35 PM   #35
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Great post, living in Wisconsin I can attest to some of the coldest days being the sunniest because a cold front usually follows a storm meaning high pressure and clear skies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2004, 01:55 PM   #36
Rookie

jeffreyw1's Arena

OVR: 6

What does gamespot.com mean when it says a game goes gold? Thanks!
Old 06-30-2004, 02:14 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just to reiterate, the fabled Green Bay-Dallas 'Ice Bowl' was played in bright sunshine.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:38 PM   #38
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

jeffreyw1 said:
What does gamespot.com mean when it says a game goes gold? Thanks!

"Gold" is a development term. It means that all code is now final, and it's ready to be produced. It comes from the "Gold Master", the copy of the software that is sent to the duplicator/producer.

Basically, NCAA 2005 is now done. Completely. All that remains is boxing it up and shipping it out.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:44 PM   #39
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

I've never played a Dynasty game in snow, either. And I play with Iowa a lot.

As much as we complain about there being no snow, snow games are actually rare, even in the Big Ten. In Iowa, for the past several years, we haven't got anywhere near as much snow as we used to. And what we do get generally doesn't start until late Novemeber or even December. Might be Global Warming or something but snow games are becoming less and less likely. STILL, they should happen every once in awhile. In 2004, it NEVER happened. Even just getting more realistic temperatures is a step. I can't tell you how many November games I've played in mid-60 degrees or higher. Even in the warm winters we've had lately, November temps should be 50s at most.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:00 PM   #40
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Dauminator said:
I've never played a Dynasty game in snow, either. And I play with Iowa a lot.

As much as we complain about there being no snow, snow games are actually rare, even in the Big Ten. In Iowa, for the past several years, we haven't got anywhere near as much snow as we used to. And what we do get generally doesn't start until late Novemeber or even December. Might be Global Warming or something but snow games are becoming less and less likely. STILL, they should happen every once in awhile. In 2004, it NEVER happened. Even just getting more realistic temperatures is a step. I can't tell you how many November games I've played in mid-60 degrees or higher. Even in the warm winters we've had lately, November temps should be 50s at most.

I'd have almost every november game in the high 60's in Auburn, which isn't that high every once in a while, but its usually in the 50's. I mean, the Georgia game two years ago was COLD. course i got a little warmer when my blood started to boil after michael johnson pushed off...

no i'm not bitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »