Home

Diving over the pile - it's in 2004

This is a discussion on Diving over the pile - it's in 2004 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-01-2004, 02:47 AM   #1
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2
Diving over the pile - it\'s in 2004

I'll be honest, I didn't believe you could dive over the pile from the goalline in NCAA 2004, even though someone on this board said they'd seen it before. But I just went into practice mode and put the ball on the 1-yard line and had my HB dive just as he got to the goalline. At first it wasn't working. Then, I kind of stopped my HB right before the goalline, then dove. And it was the coolest animation I'd never seen on 2004. Sure enough, the HB dove right over the pile just like in real life. As he dove, he got undercut at the feet and flipped over the O-linemen and D-linemen for a TD.

If you want to try it, the best way to do it is go into practice mode and spot the ball on the 1-yard line. Make sure you kind of hesitate with your HB before you hit the dive button. For some reason it triggers the animation when you do it this way. It may take 10 or 20 times to get it down. But it's worth it once you do.

Took me a year to figure that one out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2004, 02:52 AM   #2
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Diving over the pile - it\'s in 2004

I'll have to try it!

Diving over the pylons is a cool running animation as well. Usually I'm sprinting to the corner and about to get cut off by a safety...and my RB does the one-arm extended over the pylon dive for the touchdown.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:56 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

It happens like once every 5 billion times though. I only did it once in the game and that was with a quarterback...needs to happen more often.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, I did it once with a scrambling QB rushing for the goal line.

Needs to happen WAY more often. Weird thing was, this was a situation where the "fall on your face" dive would've been the better option. But instead it does this weird tuck dive straight up in the air thing and falls into the endzone. I dunno why it's like that but oh well, the game still rocks.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:22 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Heh, I think this has been at least since 2003. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right...I've only pulled it off once, and it didn't look right. Cool nonetheless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2004, 01:22 PM   #6
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

First time I saw it was last year's version, and it only happened once. I think it was kind of a "perfect storm" scenario, where everything lent itself to the animation happening. I agree, it does need to happen much more, especially at the goal line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »