Home

What is the deal with all the ratings questions ?

This is a discussion on What is the deal with all the ratings questions ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-01-2004, 02:07 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What is the deal with all the ratings questions ?

Quote:

Deegeezy said:
it clutters the board so much and hardly anyone cares about how they rated this guy or that guy.

You're answering your own question there... If there were'nt a large number of people interested in the ratings then the boards, in your words, wouldn't be "clutter"ed. Apparently there is plenty of interest. People want to know about their specific teams. About their favorite players. I don't understand why thats so hard to understand.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I never understood the ratings questions either. I really don't think much research is put into player ratings in these sports games. They know they will never please everyone so they just ballpark it and allow you, the gamer, the edit the players to ratings you see fit. So just because a player is rated a certain way in the game when it is shipped, doesn't mean the rating is actually correct.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:09 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

At least it's better than questions about shoes and socks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #12

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

JeffMo said:
Quote:

Deegeezy said:
it clutters the board so much and hardly anyone cares about how they rated this guy or that guy.

You're answering your own question there... If there were'nt a large number of people interested in the ratings then the boards, in your words, wouldn't be "clutter"ed. Apparently there is plenty of interest. People want to know about their specific teams. About their favorite players. I don't understand why thats so hard to understand.

I understand your point fully. But what I am saying, does knowing that player x is rated an 88 make or break a game for you.

Why arent people asking the important questions that several people want to know the answer to. Questions like, do conferences realign, are there 70 or 75 man rosters, can you play a 1-AA dynasty, do conference schedules truly rotate this year, etc.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:35 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

sure and i totally agree with you, those are very interesting questions. but to some people the ratings of the player are just important. if i'm a michigan fan, which i am, and i'm dreaming about finally getting to play the game, which i also am, then i'd like to know what type of player the new starting QB and RBs EA has given me. I mean if we're all gonna know in 10 days anyways, or sooner depending on the Strategy Guide... then they're all relatively insignificant questions. Its just personal preference. But you were asking why so many people were asking player stat questions, i was just trying to explain to you that, to some people, that facet is just as important to them as whether or not the bump and run still holds too long for instance.

which incidentally I heard yesterday from someone with a beta it does, but you are no longer able to time your punt blocks to that split second before the snap anymore as they have eliminated that. those are a couple little things i've gleened from my guy.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:35 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

People want to know the ratings because, well, uh, its a free country and we can ask questions like that. Whats the big deal. It takes you approximately one second to skip over a post you dont want to read. Operation Sports is here to provide insight to what people want to know about their favorite video games and to discuss things like ratings. Sure it doesnt make the game but people are interested in knowing. That is the nature of people, we get excited and like to know things in advance if possible. Alpha Beta has been kind enough to answer questions and has taken time to post ratings.

Lighten up Francis.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:53 PM   #15
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Deegeezy said:
I know that I have the right to just skip over them, but it clutters the board so much and hardly anyone cares about how they rated this guy or that guy.

I mean, I am as die-hard an LSU fan as there is probably am more obsessed with football than anyone here and I couldnt care less what a certain player is rated.

I just dont see how knowing what Justin Vicnent, or Skyler Green or anybody is rated makes me anticipate the game more.

I agree. But since it's a free board that's what you are going to get. I just do searches now for the poster I want to find and that helps clear up some of the mess. Last night there were 148 people on the NCAA board when I logged on so you know that's a lot of posts to sift through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2004, 02:53 PM   #16

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Bigry said:
People want to know the ratings because, well, uh, its a free country and we can ask questions like that.

Oh okay, I wasnt aware of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »