Home

Quick question about players trends in discipline

This is a discussion on Quick question about players trends in discipline within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 12:01 AM   #9
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Quick question about players trends in discipline

Quote:

ycbs said:

Holy [censored]!!! 6'5" CB with 4.22 40 speed, A+ Awareness, A+ Hands, Good Potential, and Good Discipline???? He'd probably be rated 95 at the very least as a true freshman. This guy ought to end up as the best CB in all football history.

With him being 6'5" and only weighing 169 lbs, I wonder if this is a recruit the guy created...
Old 07-02-2004, 12:02 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

If they wanted to make it realistic, some of the players with poor discipline would be looking at smaller schools that would be less strict, or, notoriously loose programs.... (and I don't think I need to name names)
Old 07-02-2004, 12:06 AM   #11
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

does anyone else love the fact that we can now see our recruits just as we can see them on the depth chart? Also I wonder if we can edit the players equipment before they are signed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 12:18 AM   #12
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Superstar said:
Also I wonder if we can edit the players equipment before they are signed.

I can see it now...

"Now look here son...you really wanna be a Sooner ?"

"Why yes sir..."

"Well first you gotta get rid of that stupid facemask, and what about those long sleeves...this is a man's sport...and gawd almighty please get rid of those taped up shoes !"

Hehe...I agree about the seeing their pictures...the game is getting better everyday !
Old 07-02-2004, 12:27 AM   #13
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

jgully said:
It's kinda odd that after the first year of his dynasty the #1 CB recruit in the nation has a top 3 of TCU, South Carolina and Iowa State...

At least he didnt get him.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:32 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

MattG said:
Quote:

Superstar said:
Also I wonder if we can edit the players equipment before they are signed.

I can see it now...

"Now look here son...you really wanna be a Sooner ?"

"Why yes sir..."

"Well first you gotta get rid of that stupid facemask, and what about those long sleeves...this is a man's sport...and gawd almighty please get rid of those taped up shoes !"

Hehe...I agree about the seeing their pictures...the game is getting better everyday !

....and then the coach hands him an OU visor.

"This is all you need to be cool, son".
Old 07-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:

CrHawkeye said:
Quote:

ycbs said:
Quote:

MSUSPartanPride said:

Holy [censored]!!! 6'5" CB with 4.22 40 speed, A+ Awareness, A+ Hands, Good Potential, and Good Discipline???? He'd probably be rated 95 at the very least as a true freshman. This guy ought to end up as the best CB in all football history.

If it was anything like last year, he wouldn't be over 85. (no true FR were except RB, I believe)

Definitely never saw a corner over that.

He'd likely have 95+ speed, around 60 awr, and 70-80 hands.

80-85 overall, and likely 99 by senior. (or perhaps sooner if you have enough break throughs)

Thats on last years model...

It's great to see they did away with GPA and added on field awareness instead. Dumb in the classroom can be smart on the field.

I think the discipline makes up for the GPA well - college football coaches care most about the bottom line - passing or failing. Not 3.5 vs 3.2

What makes this guy so freakish (at least in NCAA terms), is that in the past you rarely, and I mean RARELY, see a CB with A+ hands. The top CB recruits would routinely be either fast with average hands (C-range), or 4.5-ish speed with B+ - A hands.

I simmed to recruiting just to make sure I my thinking was right, and there wasn't ONE CB recruit with A+ hands. There were only 2 with A hands, and they were both over 4.5 speed.

Like someone else said, there is the possibility this player was a create-a-prospect, but I kind of doubt it. I think we may have even more awesome recruits than we usually have (which was already too high). I really wish EA would tone down the number of 4 and 5-star recruits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 10:00 AM   #16
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

Quote:

not really. i mean it is not like texas, florida state and usc get EVERY SINGLE RECRUIT plus maybe those teams used all their recruiting points for this guy. plus he is awfullly skinny to be that good.

No ppossible way that the nations #1 recruit, from Colorado, has a top 3 of South Carolina, Iowa State, and TCU of all freakin places. Would never happen.

My biggest beef with the game is how easy it is for podunk schools to recruit.

I mean, has South Carolina ever had anyone from Colorado ever play on thier team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »