Home

Recruiting info at IGN

This is a discussion on Recruiting info at IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 12:48 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting info at IGN

Quote:

Montezuma said:
Yes, I admit it, I tracked 10 recruiting classes worth of players to see if the potential arrow had any real effect. Should I keep a kid who is a little lower ratings-wise because he had the arrow? I tested almost every position.

The results were painful. There was no connection between potential arrow and yearly improvement. Statistically, the players without the arrow actually improved slightly more.

That's weird, cause I seemed to notice a big difference in players that had the potential arrow in last year's game. I also tracked the guys on my team that had the arrow and most of them ended up being rated in the 90's by the time they were Juniors. And about 65 percent of the guys that ended up being rated 97-99 for me were guys that had the potential arrow. Some guys without the arrow did improve more than many of the guys with the arrow, but a lot of them didn't and had to be cut after 2 years. It seemed pretty realistic to me that the arrow was a decent indication that a player would progress well, but was neither a guarantee that they would or a guarantee that another player that didn't have the arrow would progress less. In real life, there are no guarantees in recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 01:25 PM   #66
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

From the article:

Quote:

And what of the players who left TCU for the pros? Don't worry, we'll show them off in Madden NFL 2005 in the next few weeks. We all wanna know if Victor Von Doom can tear up the NFL.

Oh yes. We're all on the edge of our seats.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:27 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Anaxamander said:
From the article:

Quote:

And what of the players who left TCU for the pros? Don't worry, we'll show them off in Madden NFL 2005 in the next few weeks. We all wanna know if Victor Von Doom can tear up the NFL.

I know I am. I have popcorn already poped and sitting in front of my computer just so when the story is wrote about Van Doom i can open the bag while reading., Who cares if its stale(like their articles) it will all be worth it.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:30 PM   #68
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

Anaxamander said:
From the article:

Quote:

I know I am. I have popcorn already poped and sitting in front of my computer just so when the story is wrote about Van Doom i can open the bag while reading., Who cares if its stale(like their articles) it will all be worth it.

I just might join ya Dook
Old 07-02-2004, 01:31 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Aaenuel said:
WHY OH WHY DID NORTH TEXAS FINISH IN THE TOP 25!!! NOT ANOTHER YEAR OF THIS!

Yea what is that crap? North Texas always finishes in the top ten in last year's game. Ridiculous.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:32 PM   #70
Rookie

xfactor's Arena

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

Anaxamander said:
From the article:

Quote:

LMAO, y'all are crazy as hell. I just want some answers on creat-a-team. HOLLA back!!!

Old 07-02-2004, 01:32 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

pnamis18 said:
Quote:

Aaenuel said:

Yea what is that crap? North Texas always finishes in the top ten in last year's game. Ridiculous.

Not that far fetched. They did win their conference and finished 9-4 and also have more then half their starters coming back. I dont mind a team like this cracking the top 25, as long as their isnt any in the top 10 or fighting for a NC at the end of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 01:47 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

pnamis18 said:
Quote:

Aaenuel said:

Not that far fetched. They did win their conference and finished 9-4 and also have more then half their starters coming back. I dont mind a team like this cracking the top 25, as long as their isnt any in the top 10 or fighting for a NC at the end of the year.

Haven't you already posted that? I did mention that it is crap that they finished in the TOP TEN every year in last year's game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »