Home

Ross Ade stadium (Purdue) is finally updated

This is a discussion on Ross Ade stadium (Purdue) is finally updated within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 01:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ross Ade stadium (Purdue) is finally updated

I was getting a bit worried having not seen a good pic of the stadium that would show if it was still the same model from the past two years or a new, updated one.

So I'm browsing EA's screenshots and went to Gamecube just to see if they MAYBE had a shot in there.

Here it is....

As you can see, the new pressbox is there and the south endzone looks much better as well...

BOILER UP!!!

And thank god we got rid of those horrible gold jerseys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 01:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ross Ade stadium (Purdue) is finally updated

I hope i can say the same about Davis Wade Stadium at Mississippi State. We have had the expansion since 2001....it has not been in the game yet. It was an expansion of skyboxes and an upper deck on the east side of the stadium. It brought our capacity up to about 55k...instead of the 40k they still use in the game.

However, if it did not make it in the game, i will still start a dynasty with MSU. The stadium being in the game would be good, but if its not, the game will still be great.

Go State
Old 07-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #3
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Maybe they'll have the train whistle for you guys? That would be a nice touch.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, that would rock but honestly, I wasn't expecting the stadium update so I'm glad we got what we got. I doubt they'll put the wistle in there since it took them two years to get the stadium update in the game and the whistle has been around for much longer.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

EA has completely ignored the new surface at the Superdome. IGN's article about TCU playing North Texas in the New Orleans Bowl shows the Dome, and it still has the old artificial turf. The new Field Turf which looks nothing like the old turf was in place all last year. Way to constantly evolve one centimeter at a time, EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 02:20 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

preclose said:
I was getting a bit worried having not seen a good pic of the stadium that would show if it was still the same model from the past two years or a new, updated one.

So I'm browsing EA's screenshots and went to Gamecube just to see if they MAYBE had a shot in there.

Here it is....

As you can see, the new pressbox is there and the south endzone looks much better as well...

BOILER UP!!!

Thank goodness, I didn't think I could sleep tonight without knowing that. Just kidding. I'm always amazed at how much realism goes into this game every year.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

preclose said:

Here it is....

BOILER UP!!!

And the best part of that picture is that 6'9", Kyle Ingraham, is in the game. But it is also really nice to see that the black jerseys are in the game. I would have had to mess with my brightness and contrast on the tv, just not to look at those ugly gold things.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:58 PM   #8
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

gambit816 said:
EA has completely ignored the new surface at the Superdome. IGN's article about TCU playing North Texas in the New Orleans Bowl shows the Dome, and it still has the old artificial turf. The new Field Turf which looks nothing like the old turf was in place all last year. Way to constantly evolve one centimeter at a time, EA.

I'm guessing that you are being sarcastic here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »