Home

I emailed IGN...

This is a discussion on I emailed IGN... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 10:44 AM   #1
Rookie

jcarr71's Arena

OVR: 2
I emailed IGN...

Hello, and thanks for the time. I am the user JCarr-rules, and insider, for what its worth. I don't really expect an answer for any of these questions as they are pretty specific but it never hurts to ask, right? Well it never hurts me anyway, but it probably annoys you. :-)

Anyway, the things I am really interested in about NCAA this season are the conference alignments. If you follow sports at all you would have noticed the game of Twister played by the conferences of college football, at the very least. Miami, Virginia Tech, and Boston College started it all by leaving the Big East for the Atlantic Coast Conference. I trust enough in EA to know that Miami and Va Tech will be in the ACC already, but what about teams like Boston College? They don't change conferences until next season. If you were to sim the first season of a dynasty, are they programmed to jump ship over to the ACC after the first season?

This is probably crossing the line but could I get RB #23 for Rutgers rating? I went to high school with the guy and he won Big East freshman of the year last year. It was amusing last season because the only RB rated worse than him was his back-up, but I assume that has jumped up a bit. I am not sure whether he'll be a HB or a FB, but he'll be #23. I thank you very much for the help.

Adios,
JCarr

__________________________________________________ __________

What are the odds that I get a response? I am going not good to none.

EDIT: Wow, italics dont look good on this forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #2
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I emailed IGN...

Odds are 40:1 if you sent it in italics ever who is reading it will get an aneurysm right after they read "Hello."
Old 07-02-2004, 11:02 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I doubt the conference realignments are in. A lot fo teams are changing conference next yr and I dont know, but maybe thats hard to code? With the scheduling etc. Maybe one more team to ACC but I doubt it.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:27 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

can't wait til the first person that gets the game and sims 2 years to see if it's in. When it's not, the outcry will be hilarious! "This is a gamekiller!"
Old 07-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #5
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
I doubt the conference realignments are in. A lot fo teams are changing conference next yr and I dont know, but maybe thats hard to code? With the scheduling etc. Maybe one more team to ACC but I doubt it.

Well Virginia Tech and Miami are already in the ACC in the game, but other than that you are probably right about no switching after the first year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 11:30 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah I know Miami and Vtech are in ACC already. I ment adding the 12th team to the ACC, but I doubt all the conference changes will be in.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:34 AM   #7
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
can't wait til the first person that gets the game and sims 2 years to see if it's in. When it's not, the outcry will be hilarious! "This is a gamekiller!"

WRONG!

It will be a "gamekilla!"

Then there will be some bug about left handed coaches not winning on the road during night games in the snow in December. HOLY SNIKIES! "NOW THATS A GAME KILLA!"

Its sad, lots of people will become novice beta testers.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:45 AM   #8
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

Quote:

jcarr71 said:
Hello, and thanks for the time. I am the user JCarr-rules, and insider, for what its worth. I don't really expect an answer for any of these questions as they are pretty specific but it never hurts to ask, right? Well it never hurts me anyway, but it probably annoys you. :-)

Anyway, the things I am really interested in about NCAA this season are the conference alignments. If you follow sports at all you would have noticed the game of Twister played by the conferences of college football, at the very least. Miami, Virginia Tech, and Boston College started it all by leaving the Big East for the Atlantic Coast Conference. I trust enough in EA to know that Miami and Va Tech will be in the ACC already, but what about teams like Boston College? They don't change conferences until next season. If you were to sim the first season of a dynasty, are they programmed to jump ship over to the ACC after the first season?

This is probably crossing the line but could I get RB #23 for Rutgers rating? I went to high school with the guy and he won Big East freshman of the year last year. It was amusing last season because the only RB rated worse than him was his back-up, but I assume that has jumped up a bit. I am not sure whether he'll be a HB or a FB, but he'll be #23. I thank you very much for the help.

Adios,
JCarr

__________________________________________________ __________

What are the odds that I get a response? I am going not good to none.

EDIT: Wow, italics dont look good on this forum.

The letter sounded great until you asked about ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »