Home

What year is the best NCAA football game?

This is a discussion on What year is the best NCAA football game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2015, 10:09 AM   #33
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What year is the best NCAA football game?

NCAA 10 for the PS2 is my favorite.

I would say 11 for the PS2, but that one had graphical glitches like most of the late era games on that generation.

^^UCLA Unis in NCAA 11 for PS2
**Purdue also has a Penn State Blue FAcemask
**Stephen F Austins numbers are red for numbers 1-5 and white for 6-9, 0. Like someone started changing the colors, then left work for the day and forgot about fixing the rest when they came back to work.

I am very nitpicky of these sorts of issues, and for some reason NCAA 10 on PS2 does not have those graphical issues.

Otherwise, I do really like 14 on X360, I just dont like how long it takes to sim.... wow..
Old 10-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #34
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
NCAA 10 for the PS2 is my favorite.

I would say 11 for the PS2, but that one had graphical glitches like most of the late era games on that generation.

^^UCLA Unis in NCAA 11 for PS2

**Purdue also has a Penn State Blue FAcemask

**Stephen F Austins numbers are red for numbers 1-5 and white for 6-9, 0. Like someone started changing the colors, then left work for the day and forgot about fixing the rest when they came back to work.

I am very nitpicky of these sorts of issues, and for some reason NCAA 10 on PS2 does not have those graphical issues.

Otherwise, I do really like 14 on X360, I just dont like how long it takes to sim.... wow..

I thought 10 for the ps2 was good too but I saw a very bad suspension glitch in my UTEP dynasty, at one time I had over 10 players suspended for one reason or another. Just ridiculous. I need to test this further.

10 also had some amazing dynasty off-season features with spring drills used to improve player ratings and the ability to assign jersey numbers.

I think I need to play 10 some more, at least to solve the suspension mystery.

Last edited by volwalker; 10-07-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #35
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

The one with Carson Palmer on the cover is good too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 10:24 AM   #36
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
The one with Carson Palmer on the cover is good too

Yeah, 04. I think it got more hype due to it being to first one that featured online play but the gameplay was good. Too bad its dynasty mode is so outdated compared to its successors.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:35 PM   #37
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6

Still kind of hard for me to say, I didn't get my first NCAA football game until the 08 version for the PS2. I never really played it that much I just wanted a football games and I was a bit irked with everything going on with my favorite team so I picked that up instead of Madden that year (surprising enough that even my mom commented on my choice).

Then 09 comes around and without a doubt I've played that one the most. Though I probably spent more time editing rosters than actually playing it. All these years later I'm still playing it off and on (as well as still editing rosters to make its as perfect as I can for the season it was based on). I did pick up NCAA 14 when it was on sale for really cheap near the end of the season but I never played it much either.

Earlier this year I finally decided to get hold of other versions of NCAA Football since I've been nostalgic for picking up PS2 games I missed out on when that system was still current gen. So in the last few months I've gotten hold of 06 (thanks to all the praise volwalker gives it). And then 07 and another copy of 08 (my original 08 disc mysteriously missing even though I still had the case and manual). So I suppose I'll be figuring out which one I like best though I'd give the nod to 09 by default. 06 does seem pretty good, but it has the old kicking meter so that loses a few points with me.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:39 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySeven
Still kind of hard for me to say, I didn't get my first NCAA football game until the 08 version for the PS2. I never really played it that much I just wanted a football games and I was a bit irked with everything going on with my favorite team so I picked that up instead of Madden that year (surprising enough that even my mom commented on my choice).

Then 09 comes around and without a doubt I've played that one the most. Though I probably spent more time editing rosters than actually playing it. All these years later I'm still playing it off and on (as well as still editing rosters to make its as perfect as I can for the season it was based on). I did pick up NCAA 14 when it was on sale for really cheap near the end of the season but I never played it much either.

Earlier this year I finally decided to get hold of other versions of NCAA Football since I've been nostalgic for picking up PS2 games I missed out on when that system was still current gen. So in the last few months I've gotten hold of 06 (thanks to all the praise volwalker gives it). And then 07 and another copy of 08 (my original 08 disc mysteriously missing even though I still had the case and manual). So I suppose I'll be figuring out which one I like best though I'd give the nod to 09 by default. 06 does seem pretty good, but it has the old kicking meter so that loses a few points with me.
Ya it's always the one you start with. I started with 07, got 06. So I like 06 but I've never loved it like I did 07. Not yet anyway.

Later got 11 and 09 but have seldom played either. I used to play 11 with one of my college roommates because it was faster-paced in game than 07 and I didn't have a football game for my PS3, plus none of the then-current gen (now last-gen) qualified as even decent until like 12, though I like 14.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:04 PM   #39
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

I thought NCAA 11 and 12 were ok. NCAA 13 is the best in my opinion. NCAA 14 just seemed to arcade-y. You can't play defense. And by that I mean somebody who hasn't ever played an NCAA game could pick up the controller and score. Lots and lots of high scoring user-user games in the Online Dynasty. Also, the new physics engine had some bugs here and there that needed another couple years to work out. We had long-running dynasties on both NCAA 13 and NCAA 14. I also didn't like the recruiting at all on NCAA 14. Very impersonal, just turned into a numbers game. The NCAA 14 dynasty died off after about 10 seasons, however the NCAA 13 dynasty is still slowly chugging along in the 21st season with 4 members in it still.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:25 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinds7
I thought NCAA 11 and 12 were ok. NCAA 13 is the best in my opinion. NCAA 14 just seemed to arcade-y. You can't play defense. And by that I mean somebody who hasn't ever played an NCAA game could pick up the controller and score. Lots and lots of high scoring user-user games in the Online Dynasty. Also, the new physics engine had some bugs here and there that needed another couple years to work out. We had long-running dynasties on both NCAA 13 and NCAA 14. I also didn't like the recruiting at all on NCAA 14. Very impersonal, just turned into a numbers game. The NCAA 14 dynasty died off after about 10 seasons, however the NCAA 13 dynasty is still slowly chugging along in the 21st season with 4 members in it still.
I thought the recruiting in 2014 was phenomenal. It wasn't very personal like the phone calling recruiting was, but I thought the numbers game was fine. I enjoyed trying to figure out who I was going to put more effort into and it was very rewarding once I landed a big recruit.

With that being said, the recruiting in the old 2K college basketball games is top notch imo. Terrific in season recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »