Home

Ea has different countdown than madden mania!?

This is a discussion on Ea has different countdown than madden mania!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 03:00 PM   #25
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Ea has different countdown than madden mania!?

Then why are you here? I have no real problem with picsinyoursigmania but if I did I wouldn't go there and post. Plus OS is sportsgaming website that covers all sporting games not one game and its counterpart (NCAA). So how can you compare such a 1 dimensional site to a site that covers multiple sports games. And realy doesn't offer much info at that. It is a cool place to meet some solid madden players but I can find that here and be just as satisfied
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2004, 03:03 PM   #26
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

BTG said:

Hmmm, it sounds like someone got banned and is a little bitter.

Also, the MM Writers (we're talking about the columnists) could write circles around anyone at OS if we're talking "writing talent." Sure, the OS people get reviews of games, but MM's writers don't have that option. The MM staff doesn't provide them with anything but a weekly place for their thoughts.

Funniest post ever.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:17 PM   #27
Banned

Buckaholic's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

BTG said:

Hmmm, it sounds like someone got banned and is a little bitter.

Also, the MM Writers (we're talking about the columnists) could write circles around anyone at OS if we're talking "writing talent." Sure, the OS people get reviews of games, but MM's writers don't have that option. The MM staff doesn't provide them with anything but a weekly place for their thoughts.

Funniest post ever.

I found it funny as well. I can't even remmeber the last time someone from MM wrote anything. Does anyone remember their E3 coverage? talk about pathetic! Their little "on the floor" reviews were horrid and could have been written better by a 5th grader. I also loved their screenshots and videos that they provided. Oh wait, they didn't do those . OS is a professional website with extremely good writers and content. MM is the complete opposite and anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head checked.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:46 PM   #28
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

BDunn, I'll willingly put anything you write up against anything I write. In fact, I'll put anything I write up against anything your entire staff can write. We'll see who has the better writing ability.

Buckaholic, forget about the coverage. I agree with you on most of your points. But understand that some of the writers (like me) are not Mods over there. Therefore we (I) don't have access to the things others do. If I had a chance to actually get info, I could do MUCH more with my column.

I asked for an EA interview for three months and never got one. I ended up having to settle for a quick article about the MM online room and why it's a good thing to have.

I wrote this article in about 10 minutes right after I was told I would not get an interview.

Here's a link:
http://www.maddenmania.com/btg1.php

Here's a copy of the actual article:

I have applied for a job as an NCAA Head Coach.

Yes, you read that right.

Sure, there are many obstacles standing in my way. I've never coached before on any level, I only played three years of high school football (and not well, I might add), and I don't know the first thing about what it takes to be a head coach in the National Collegiate Athletic Association.

So what?

Last night, I won my 300th game as a member of the EA Online Community. My overall record is 300-12 and I am rated #1 overall. I annihilate my opponents by an average score of 58 to 16.

So what if I put my fastest defensive back at quarterback and run him all game? That's just using the talent on the field to the best of my ability.

So what if I analog blitz 90% of the time? I'm just taking advantage match up problems the offense might have.

So what if I run the same play over and over? As long as it works, why not? After all, any good coach will exploit a weakness in another team's defense until they prove they can stop it.

Look those numbers, they don't lie! They prove that I am a football genius... the second coming of Paul "Bear" Bryant one might say.

But I'm not the only one. Take a look at the NCAA 2004 Online Top 25 list and you'll see the video game equivalents to Knute Rockne, Pop Warner, Eddie Robinson, John Gagliardi, Bobby Bowden, and Joe Paterno. It seems there is a wealth of untapped potential out there that has not been noticed as of yet.

And why not? Why hasn't an athletic director snatched one of these young men up yet to be the head coach of their football program?

The answer is simple:

BECAUSE IT'S ONLY A VIDEO GAME.

That made me wonder, if it's just a video game, why do people Care so much? Why do they put so much stock into an online ranking? Why do they exploit bugs in the game and do ridiculous things just to win?

Honestly, I don't know. It's not like you get a prize when you reach a certain number of wins. I don't even think you get a free t-shirt.

Perhaps I'm mistaken. It's possible that when you reach the top overall ranking, EA shows up at your door with pizza, beer (soda if you're not of age), and women (or men if that's your thing) and throws you a huge party. Then they hire you to be part of the creative staff for next year's game.

It's possible. It really is. It's also possible that Ed McMahon will knock on my door with a check for ten million dollars.

(Put's hand to hear and listens... nothing. It was worth a shot. Let's move on.)

So as I was saying, there's no reward for being the top player online, so why do people care so much about their ranking?

Pride? Like I said before, it's a video game, if people take that much pride in it there's something wrong. If they think the fact that they're very good at manipulating a bunch of pixels on a screen is something to brag about, they should turn off their console, slowly back away from it, and seriously re-evaluate their life.

I always thought the point of playing video games was for fun. I wasn't aware that people took it so seriously. It's ridiculous trying to get a realistic game from someone online. When you finally find someone who claims to play "totally straight," you just have to bite the bullet and hope they're not lying to you.

You might play five or six games in a row before you finally find someone who plays realistically. Oh, but when you do, it's really something special.

When you play a round of golf, one great swing on the eighteenth hole can make up for seventeen holes of lost balls, sand traps, and water hazards. With NCAA Online, one game with a realistic player can make up for an entire day of dealing with nonsense substitutions, uninspired play calling, and exploitation of program glitches.

Here at MaddenMania, we value a good game. MaddenManiacs don't care about online ranking, they care about having fun. They know that while winning is great, enjoying yourself is the only thing that really matters.

That's why we have a password locked MaddenMania room. Getting the password is a process that must be undertaken by any serious gamer. It involves trying out with three people on the "Approved Players List" to prove that you play realistically. This process ensures that the room will be full of people that will give you a good game. A realistic game. A game you can enjoy.

People have accused MaddenMania of being an elitist society, similar to the Freemasons or Illuminati. This is entirely untrue. Anyone, regardless of race, religion, or shoe size can try out for the password and as long as they prove they play realistically, it's given to them.

The newest versions of NCAA and Madden are almost here, are you Madden Mania material?
Old 07-04-2004, 04:14 PM   #29
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

"BDunn, I'll willingly put anything you write up against anything I write. In fact, I'll put anything I write up against anything your entire staff can write. We'll see who has the better writing ability."

I am an engineer. Can you write, php, java, C#, perl, asp, javascript? I will take you on in any of those languages any day. Think before you say you can write better than someone else.

PS, you might want to have a writer(English) proof your article next time before posting it on the internet.

Old 07-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #30
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

^^ BTG wins ^^
Old 07-04-2004, 04:20 PM   #31
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

BTG -

So, because you're an online cheeser, you think you can coach in the NCAA????

THAT is, by far, the funniest post that has ever graced our bandwidth.

Oh, and if you want a writer's pissing match. I must have missed the MM content (or your personal content) on Xbox.com and ESPN.com. I would have noticed it while reading our Managing Editor's work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2004, 04:32 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

BTG if I was doing this at Madden Mania I would be banned, thats actually why I was banned. I defended OS when some guys at MM were taking shots and got banned from there. At least over here you have been able to speak your mind, something I guess I couldnt do at MM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »