Home

Getting Players to Transfer

This is a discussion on Getting Players to Transfer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2004, 11:20 PM   #17
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Getting Players to Transfer

I assume that EA's transfer system will work just like a player leaving early, only instead of going into the drfaty pool, he'll go off to neverland. Most players that transfer from D-1 schools transfer to the 1-AA or D-II level. Adding them back to the recruiting pool is probably more complicated than the programmers want to bother with. It strikes me as though this feature will be to keep you from having 4 HS All-Americans at every position rather than helping you to get a boost by picking off players from other squads. Besides, if you're coaching a top-tier team, would you really want a guy that isn't good enough to get playing time elsewhere?
Old 07-04-2004, 02:41 AM   #18
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

bigtiggalsu said:
The thing about it is that there is no garuntee that they will come to your school. You can't recruit transfer because its tampering plus if the transfer thing works realistically most transfers unless they are elite superstars should go to Division 1 AA cause that allows them to play the next year. Outside of that the Brock Berlins and Devin Darlings of the world should sit out to go to another school but at there choice not yours.

Once a kid is released from his scholarship, the recruiting process starts all over again. When Nate Hybl announced he was transferring from Georgia, he got home to find over twenty D-1 coaches on his answering machine offering scholarships.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:21 AM   #19
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah you can "recruit" transfer players but only after they have been granted a release of their scholarship from the initial university. That almost got Mizzou in trouble with the NCAA in basketball with the Jason Collins ordeal. Tampering occurs before the player is released.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:14 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Although i wouldnt do this, if i did i would get the entire OU defense and USC offense to transfer to UNC. I seriously doubt doing this will work for you though, because those players you want might not have Miami as their first choice for a transer, but then again who would turn down a chance to play at Miami.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »