Home

The time has come EA: SCRAP the current Ratings system!

This is a discussion on The time has come EA: SCRAP the current Ratings system! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2004, 10:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The time has come EA: SCRAP the current Ratings system!

We aren't whinning we're talking about what could be corrected. If there were problems in the game that were bringing me to the point that I was, how did you put it, "boo whooing" then I wouldn't have bought the game.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:56 PM   #10
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

jgully said:
Awwww boo hoo

If you don't like the ratings then edit them.

Very constructive post.

Read it again, he's complaining about the system as a whole and how it needs an overhaul. And as a paying customer of EA he has every right to have such an opinion.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:05 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 6

I think they should eliminate the number ratings all together and just list categories for a player such as:
40 time
height
wt
bench press
squat
gpa

This way you can find diamonds in the rough so to speak. How in the hell can a wr for instance be a diamond in the rough w 70 speed or 60 hands I mean you know he sucks. So make it more like real life. Do any players in pro or college get a number to an attribute, no they just have the attributes listed above.

ALL THE CRAP THEY PUT IN THESE GAMES FROM YEAR TO YEAR IS JUST FROSTING, BUT THEY SHOULD PUT MORE IMPROVEMENTS YR TO YR IN THE CAKE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 11:07 PM   #12
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

fishepa said:
Excellent post!!!

Old 07-03-2004, 11:24 PM   #13
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

jgully said:
Awwww boo hoo

If you don't like the ratings then edit them.

That's brilliant genius.

As a matter of fact...I do edit certain ratings. For instance...last year I bumped Mike Williams down from 97 speed to 87 speed..but made his catch 97 and his jump 97.

What I was referring to was the fact that as a whole the EA ratings system is outdated, inconsistent, and inadequate compared to the advances in other areas.

But I guess you wouldn't understand that ace.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:24 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 17

yes i remember making a post about this a yr or so back. We need more position specific ratings, so players at certain positions dont have to have super physical attributes to be a super star. A WR with excellent hands and great route running, shouldn't have to have world class speed to be rated 90+. Plus the awareness rating is too broad. Every position should have it's own ratings. QB's should have accuracy, pass strength(dictating how far a qb can throw it), pass velocity(dictates how hard a qb can throw a bullet pass). RB's should have a rating for ellusiveness and vision, OLine should have ratings for pull blocking ability, LB's should have ratings for tackling ability, how hard they hit, how good they are in man covreage, and zone coverage. Same thing for DB's.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:39 PM   #15
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

I tend to notice EA does not listen to its fans as much as ESPN's fans or other game company fans. Take the makers of Rainbow six three. Ubi soft goes out and asks questions to the fans. and asks what they want.

If EA did that...who knows, maybe ESPN wouldnt even be a contender?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 11:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

That's one of the problems with being the "best" for so long. So many fans, so many voices, so little time and or space on the dvd's to do it. But now that they are double layering some of their games we are bound to get more and more outstanding improvements. And in 2006 we'll be looking at PS3, just think of the jump in improvements from PS1 to PS2 and imagine what's going to come from PS3. And yes hopefully they pull out the cotten and listen to us but the only real way that will ever happen is if we stop buying it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »