Home

NCAA 06 Division II

This is a discussion on NCAA 06 Division II within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 04:09 AM   #1
Pro

The_Cane's Arena

OVR: 1
NCAA 06 Division II

One thing I like to do for NCAA Football 06 (PS2) is to take all the division II schools and transfer them to Division I in a Dynasty. I have done this a lot and was wondering if anyone else has done it as well? If so, what did your new conferences look like? I always get rid of the Power 5 schools.

Current YouTube Series:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 09:09 AM   #2
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 06 Division II

Do you mean 1AA or FCS?
Old 10-13-2015, 08:14 AM   #3
Pro

The_Cane's Arena

FCS schools. Swapping out the FBS schools for the smaller school.

Current YouTube Series:

Old 10-13-2015, 03:37 PM   #4
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA 06 Division I-AA

It is something I wouldn't mind trying. I just wish EA had taken the time to give those FCS schools a better variety of home stadiums to work with. Even with my PS2 copy of NCAA 09 Western Kentucky still used the same generic home stadium that they did when they were an FCS/Divison I-AA school.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:47 AM   #5
Pro

The_Cane's Arena

Yea the stadiums are lacking for sure. But these FCS schools do have unique stadiums in NCAA 06

Alabama State, 24,600 capacity
Idaho State, 12,000 capacity Dome
Montana, 23,180 capacity
Norfolk State, 30,000 capacity
Northern Arizona, 16,230 capacity Dome
Portland State, 20,044 capacity
Princeton, 27,773 capacity
South Carolina State, 22,000 capacity
UNI (Northern Iowa), 16,324 capacity Dome
Yale, 64,269 capacity.

I was excited when I saw Tennessee State had a stadium capacity of 67,000 but when you get into the stadium it's like a high school field

Current YouTube Series:

Last edited by The_Cane; 10-14-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 10:03 AM   #6
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

This is about the only thing I do on the old NCAA games since I really like the FCS teams. The only thing I wish I could somehow implement is the playoffs... If the NCAA games had an export feature, It could be done easily. However, I made a workaround for NCAA 06 to allow for playoffs that worked well, but I dont really like NCAA 06 as much as I like NCAA 10 for PS2 (I know, burn me alive.)

I had a great dynasty going with Maine in NCAA 08, i made all my friends from high school as recruits and they went to random schools across the northeast and I ended up playing against a lot of them. It really added to the immerion.

Anyway, I like to take advantage of the create a school and add in some teams, usually NDSU, ND, SD, South Dakota State, San Diego, and some others I cant remember off the top of my head. Like you said, I usually trake out the power 5s, and leave in the rest except for the outliers who are usually good (Boise State, Im looking at you) It always leads to a fun dynasty. I love the FCS
Old 10-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #7
Pro

The_Cane's Arena

So 10 out of 79 are unique. I think this is 1 of my issues with the game. I don't really have that many but that is a major one for me. I like using all the FCS teams and would like to be able to use the correct stadiums. I usually just pick from those 10 teams because of it. Which leaves the other 69 teams untouched.

Current YouTube Series:

Old 10-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #8
Pro

The_Cane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
This is about the only thing I do on the old NCAA games since I really like the FCS teams. The only thing I wish I could somehow implement is the playoffs... If the NCAA games had an export feature, It could be done easily. However, I made a workaround for NCAA 06 to allow for playoffs that worked well, but I dont really like NCAA 06 as much as I like NCAA 10 for PS2 (I know, burn me alive.)

I had a great dynasty going with Maine in NCAA 08, i made all my friends from high school as recruits and they went to random schools across the northeast and I ended up playing against a lot of them. It really added to the immerion.

Anyway, I like to take advantage of the create a school and add in some teams, usually NDSU, ND, SD, South Dakota State, San Diego, and some others I cant remember off the top of my head. Like you said, I usually trake out the power 5s, and leave in the rest except for the outliers who are usually good (Boise State, Im looking at you) It always leads to a fun dynasty. I love the FCS
Do you know if there is a limit to teams you can create? That is one thing I haven't tried out yet.

Current YouTube Series:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »