Home

XBOX One Backwards Compatible

This is a discussion on XBOX One Backwards Compatible within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 06:29 AM   #9
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: XBOX One Backwards Compatible

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
I voted with all 5 of my xbox accounts. Can't believe how low this game is rated atm.

Honestly, the 10K votes is a blessing though. In terms of the votes, it's actually doing good when you see how the other games are doing above and below besides the few Giants in votes.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2015, 08:57 AM   #10
MVP

Smooth Pancakes's Arena

OVR: 1

In all fairness, it's not doing that poorly. It's on page 5 of 78 pages of games. And it seems like 90% of the games ahead of it are called Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield or Assassin's Creed. So it actually isn't doing too bad, even with "only" 10,168 votes.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:02 PM   #11
Rookie

kyle42atncsu's Arena

I'm really hoping NCAA 14 makes it onto the Xbox One. Guess we will see starting November 12th if it is among the first 100 games to roll out with backwards compatibility. It's sitting just shy of 11,000 votes, which puts it in the top 100 if it really even matters. I'm just skeptical, given the player likeness and licensing issues, if it is even possible for EA. If they are allowed to continue selling it for 360, is there any difference if they sell the same game for the One?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 2

We have put up a good fight. Hopefully it is realized in some capacity.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2015, 01:00 AM   #13
Rookie

binga30's Arena

I would have thought that most games should be compatible. Wouldn't it be a pain in the #### to have to block or stop some games?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:44 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle42atncsu
I'm really hoping NCAA 14 makes it onto the Xbox One. Guess we will see starting November 12th if it is among the first 100 games to roll out with backwards compatibility. It's sitting just shy of 11,000 votes, which puts it in the top 100 if it really even matters. I'm just skeptical, given the player likeness and licensing issues, if it is even possible for EA. If they are allowed to continue selling it for 360, is there any difference if they sell the same game for the One?
Is Nov 12th the cutoff date?
Old 11-02-2015, 11:59 AM   #15
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedEvil
Is Nov 12th the cutoff date?
No that's the planned launch date for the Backwards Compatibility patch.

And it's an old link but I didn't see an article, we have no less a luminary then Snoop Dogg on our side
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sno.../1100-6429108/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #16
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
No that's the planned launch date for the Backwards Compatibility patch.

And it's an old link but I didn't see an article, we have no less a luminary then Snoop Dogg on our side
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sno.../1100-6429108/

I really hope it makes the cut.

The link talks about licensing issues. I'm not sure that would really hold it up. The license was bought, and paid for to put into the game. It's not like it'd be a big issue. If anything, used copies of it will move off shelves if it goes BC, and probably some new digital copies. Which gives EA and the license holder another cut of the profits. So, I'm not sure why they would care at all if it goes to the BC list, and results in some sales.

It was bought and paid for by EA. I mean, if I go and turn on my Xbox 360 and can still buy NCAA14 through the Xbox store, what's the big deal making it BC on the X1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »