Home

Brock Berlin, Chris Rix, etc.

This is a discussion on Brock Berlin, Chris Rix, etc. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2004, 06:21 AM   #41
Pro

Mangum's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Brock Berlin, Chris Rix, etc.

Quote:

nivek said:
Quote:

Flawless said:
I have supported him(Rix) from day one,and i will continue to do so. It takes more than one player to lose a game, but that's a hard concept for certain fans to understand.

I have a good feeling about this season.

I agree 100000000%!

Rix will take us to the Orange Bowl!!!!

Well of course you're going to the Orange Bowl this year, its the season opener. Now a return trip to THE Orange Bowl? (Pro Player Stadium) We may have to see how things work out through the course of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2004, 08:15 AM   #42
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Motown said:
Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

kodiak said:
First of all I have been on Rix's case as much as any Nole fan, booster, or alum. However, Jeff Bowden had horrible gameplans last year. Rix did not lose to Miami. Miami's D simply whooped us and the playcalling was horrible. JB put it in the tank after halftime since we were ahead. He had us playing not to lose instead of to win. Brock is not as bad as people make him out to be either. The thing is people have become so jaded with the success of former qb's thet above avg qb's seem terrible.

As for the entire team hating him, well he earned back the respect before last year even started. If you want to say things to prove a point, at least be able to back it up. He won the spring football award for comeback player on offense, an award chosen by the players.

Since I have never watched football or played I guess that a wr beating a db is not a good time to throw a long pass. Oh wait I have watched it and played it before. There was minimal risk on that play as Scott was beaten badly by Sam. Rix has the arm strength and accuracy to deliver a ball. The 4th down play was just as important but to say he made a huge or stupid risk is simply wrong.

I agree. Rix gets a bad rap. He's got a ton of talent, but seems to be hamstrung by the play calling and gameplanning.

Missing finals does not help him much either.

Well...Count me in to missing finals, do to bein' up all night with someone you dearly love...that being his Father, who was seriously ill.That would be much more important to me

He's grown. He has responsibilities. Sorry his father was going through that at the same time but still...That's what an alarm clock is for.

Rix has shown other flashes of doing dumb things also.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:42 AM   #43
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

We gotta Sr. QB at the helm this year,with alot more maturity and patience.All I can say is y'all better be ready come Labor day! Ohh yeah...about Lo Booker not showin' ya anything, he kept a high ankle most the year and now he's extremely healthy , and he's put on 20lbs of muscle AND HE'S FASTER! That + One of...if not the best OL's in CF,A core Healthy receivers, and a Punishing D...Oh yeah***laughs***y'all BETTER be Ready!!
Old 07-07-2004, 05:51 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Personally I think Rix should be a 85 and Berlin mid to high 70's. Brock Berlin is not a premier QB in my opinion, but on the other hand I believe Chris Rix is very underrated and doesn't get a lot of respect from the opposition.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:57 PM   #45
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Motown said:
We gotta Sr. QB at the helm this year,with alot more maturity and patience.All I can say is y'all better be ready come Labor day! Ohh yeah...about Lo Booker not showin' ya anything, he kept a high ankle most the year and now he's extremely healthy , and he's put on 20lbs of muscle AND HE'S FASTER! That + One of...if not the best OL's in CF,A core Healthy receivers, and a Punishing D...Oh yeah***laughs***y'all BETTER be Ready!!

Also Chris Rix has never had the type of talent around that he has coming into this year, and now he has to take advantage and become a Heisman-caliber performer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2004, 06:06 PM   #46
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

person12 said:
Personally I think Rix should be a 85 and Berlin mid to high 70's. Brock Berlin is not a premier QB in my opinion, but on the other hand I believe Chris Rix is very underrated and doesn't get a lot of respect from the opposition.

With the way he's played against Miami, I wouldn't respect him either.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:18 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

Berlin is the best QB in the ACC and one of the best in the country!

Old 07-07-2004, 06:21 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

UMiami said:
Berlin is the best QB in the ACC and one of the best in the country!

LOL, I'm a diehard Miami fan, but what you just said made me laugh. Berlin does not deserve to take a snap this year. I am waiting until Larry Coker finally sees that he needs to "turn to his Wright".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »