Home

Opinions needed for American AQ status

This is a discussion on Opinions needed for American AQ status within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Opinions needed for American AQ status

In my dynasty I have decided not to use the playoff mod and I am using the BCS system. I have moved the Big 12 champs to the Sugar vs the SEC but I am torn in this alternative reality what to do with the American Conference AQ status. IRL all the conferences dropped automatic qualifications after moving to the playoff system. So IF the BCS continued and there was no playoffs, would the AAC (form. Big East) held on to it's BCS AQ status and the Fiesta Bowl for it's conference champion?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Opinions needed for American AQ status

I would say no. But I would monitor the non power 5 conferences to see how they are recruiting and what type of talent they have. Because if they get 2-4 teams on the level of power 5 teams then you can either move them to a power 5 conference or you can give their conference the automatic bid in the BCS.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

I always take away the AQ spot for the AAC. I leave it as an open spot for an "at large" team. I do that because the AAC is usually weak in the game.

I keep an eye on all the conferences and if one starts to rise up, I give them the AQ spot. In a couple dynasties I've had the MWC get pretty strong (4 or 5 ranked teams) and gave it an AQ spot.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

They wouldn't keep it, no.

I funnel all the best G5 teams into one conference each year and give them AQ

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »