Home

OXM Review

This is a discussion on OXM Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2004, 03:00 AM   #25
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: OXM Review

Quote:

Hollayo said:
NCAA and EA are both P2P, so i don't see how xbox live gives you a decided advantage in the lag department?

I didn't think so either - and you are correct about ps2 and p2p while xbl is client/server.

I think some of our money is going to pay for major backbone access with xbl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2004, 04:05 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 22

Xbox CLEARLY has the edge when it comes to online play. About the controllers..lol its just a matter of opinion to each person. There is no definate so called "better" controller. Both are good, just boils down to personal taste. After all is said and done..xbox is gonna be the better version, like it always is.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:30 AM   #27
F*n *s G**d

plez2002's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Moegames said:
Xbox CLEARLY has the edge when it comes to online play. About the controllers..lol its just a matter of opinion to each person. There is no definate so called "better" controller. Both are good, just boils down to personal taste. After all is said and done..xbox is gonna be the better version, like it always is.

It could be argued, of course, that your claim that "Xbox is gonna be the better version, like it always is" also boils down to personal taste...
Old 07-07-2004, 07:32 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

plez2002 said:
Quote:

Moegames said:

It could be argued, of course, that your claim that "Xbox is gonna be the better version, like it always is" also boils down to personal taste...

Yeah and I don't feel the controller issue is a matter of personal taste either. The game was designed originally on the PSX which is why it works better on PS2 controllers than XBox. I don't know why Microsoft couldn't just have 2 shoulder buttons though and I'd like the S-Controller just as well, if not better than Sonys.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:52 AM   #29
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

i've played both versions of ncaa 2004 on both systems many many many times......both controllers are perfect....it takes about 20 minutes to get adjusted to one after playing a while with the other one....people who criticize the xbox controller do so because there is nothing left to criticize the xbox for....
Old 07-07-2004, 08:19 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

AirLobo23 said:
i've played both versions of ncaa 2004 on both systems many many many times......both controllers are perfect....it takes about 20 minutes to get adjusted to one after playing a while with the other one....people who criticize the xbox controller do so because there is nothing left to criticize the xbox for....

Nope, I criticize it because it needs 4 shoulder buttons.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:56 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Hollayo said:
Ps2 with components on my HDTV looks fine.

I had the monster components for PS2 with my HDTV. although it looked brighter and a lil bit sharper, it wasn't all that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2004, 09:15 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 11

I had NCAA and Madden for both systems last year, and to be honest, I dont see why anyone who played it on both systems last year would buy it for PS2 now that it will be on Xbox Live.

PS2 fans always think the control is much better where there is barely a noticeable difference in the graphics, and I dont agree with that at all. I prefered the Xbox version last year BECAUSE of the control. The analog stick on the Scontroller completely trumps the stick on the dual shock. Once I got used to the button placement, I noticed that my game (especially my running game) improved ten fold because the analog stick was actually useable on the Scontroller, unlike the sloppy/loose stick on the Dual Shock.

I have an HDTV in my gaming room, and no one who actually plays both systems with components can say that there is no difference in the systems with component cables. An Xbox with Svideo looks better than a PS2 with components.

As far as the online goes... there is no real argument. Xbox Live > everything. I dont get a ton of time to play games these days, and when I do, I dont want to spend that time sitting around in lobbies trying to find someone to play. Xbox Live will let me send/recieve voice mails/challenges to any friend playing ANY online game (not just EA games) and quite a few single player games. You can even send/recieve messages/challenges using MSN messenger. Add in the fact that each user has one online name (and cant just create a new name after losing 2 games in a row, or after pulling and getting a high disc %) and no dial up users, how can anyone argue that the PS2s online component is even in the same league... much less actually BETTER than Live?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »