Home

Best / most interesting recruits

This is a discussion on Best / most interesting recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2015, 02:36 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Best / most interesting recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
I started a dynasty at UTSA last year and in my third year, while my starting QB was a RS SR, I landed an ATH who was 75-77 at CB, SS, and FS, but he had 91 speed and 88 acceleration with 83 THP and 78 THA. I was running a spread option playbook at the time and I naturally threw him at QB and he started day one as a 79 QB or something around there. Dominic Romero ended up breaking all the rushing records at UTSA as well as the passing records. He had around 170-180 total touchdowns, over 10, 000 yards passing and nearly 4000 rushing.
Nice! Always fun to get that program-changing recruit. I'm hoping to secure 1-3 of those this season (season 1) of my Memphis dynasty.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #10
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

had a 4* HB gem that came in as 81 ovr. I think he had a +8 after scouting.

#1 HB in the class, was very lucky to get him as UTSA(strangely only Air Force was recruiting him) and he was easily my best HB starting year 3.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #11
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
I started a dynasty at UTSA last year and in my third year, while my starting QB was a RS SR, I landed an ATH who was 75-77 at CB, SS, and FS, but he had 91 speed and 88 acceleration with 83 THP and 78 THA. I was running a spread option playbook at the time and I naturally threw him at QB and he started day one as a 79 QB or something around there. Dominic Romero ended up breaking all the rushing records at UTSA as well as the passing records. He had around 170-180 total touchdowns, over 10, 000 yards passing and nearly 4000 rushing.
I have a UTSA dynasty as well, season 2 recruiting pick up an ATH that was a QB had similar stats as your guy, 76 ovr though.

I'm just in year 3(5 games in), even though I had another QB with higher overall, this new recruit has better speed/acc and THA. so I gave him a chance to start along with a true freshman HB. hoping for a good 4 years with both starting.

Offense has been great, my defense is terrible, so lost first 3 games against Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Arizona. OSU and Arizona were close games. KSU crushed me though.

Won against FIU and Texas State. so sitting at 2-3.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 04:09 PM   #12
Pro

I've always wanted to see a player with kicking skills that could play at other positions...totally happens in high school all the time when the starting QB is also the punter or something like that.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just started a new dynasty with ODU running the one back offense. Struggled a bit the first season without any decent TE's, but still finished with a 7-5 record, no bowl invite though. Managed to recruit 2 TE's to help out for year 2 though. An 80 overall freshman with great physical, receiving and blocking ratings, and a 78 overall JUCO player who is an all world receiver.
After narrowly losing the season opener to Stanford, the offense clicked in game 2 against NC state. Freshman TE went off for 13 catches, 258 yards and 3 TD's. Won the game 38-35 by kicking the winning FG as time expired. TE is by far my most important position on offense. If I have a good TE, I feel like I am always in with a chance in most games. Now I have 2!
Old 10-29-2015, 08:17 PM   #14
Rookie

I like to try to recruit athletes who have WR skills but enough size and strength to be TE. It's extremely rare but it is possible to find guys who have just enough blocking and strength for the position to qualify for it but could be starting caliber WR's with their skill set. I recruited one who had about 90 speed, great speed for a TE but for my starting WR's I sell the house to try and get 95 plus, since my outside receivers frequently run streaks while my slot guy and TE are the ones who catch over the middle. This guy was a little undervalued at TE, but overall ratings don't take into account usage. I run an offense that has a TE on the field full time, but sometimes they are split out. My recruit had a role on the field even as a RS freshman because I could sub him in when the TE was split out wide, so his lack of blocking didn't really hurt. This game me a tremendous strategic advantage, as my 90 plus speed guy was better than most of the guys covering him.

His junior year I broke records, something like 130-140 catches for over 1500 yards. I got about 30 catches of him combined between the conference and national championships.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:58 AM   #15
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
I like to try to recruit athletes who have WR skills but enough size and strength to be TE. It's extremely rare but it is possible to find guys who have just enough blocking and strength for the position to qualify for it but could be starting caliber WR's with their skill set. I recruited one who had about 90 speed, great speed for a TE but for my starting WR's I sell the house to try and get 95 plus, since my outside receivers frequently run streaks while my slot guy and TE are the ones who catch over the middle. This guy was a little undervalued at TE, but overall ratings don't take into account usage. I run an offense that has a TE on the field full time, but sometimes they are split out. My recruit had a role on the field even as a RS freshman because I could sub him in when the TE was split out wide, so his lack of blocking didn't really hurt. This game me a tremendous strategic advantage, as my 90 plus speed guy was better than most of the guys covering him.

His junior year I broke records, something like 130-140 catches for over 1500 yards. I got about 30 catches of him combined between the conference and national championships.
I try and find guys like this too. But I put them on the outside because I run a triple option offense out of flexbone, wingbone and I-form. Run blocking by the receivers is huge in my offense

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 10:59 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
I try and find guys like this too. But I put them on the outside because I run a triple option offense out of flexbone, wingbone and I-form. Run blocking by the receivers is huge in my offense
Never really thought about this...good idea

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »