Home

ncaa 14 vs ncaa 13

This is a discussion on ncaa 14 vs ncaa 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2015, 12:48 AM   #1
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
ncaa 14 vs ncaa 13

I have ncaa 13 on ps3. I was thinking about getting ncaa 14 because I want to start a dynasty with my hometown team, univ of south alabama, and they are not on 13. I just wonder if 14 is worth buying otherwise. What are the major differences in gameplay and recruiting between 13 and 14?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 06:10 AM   #2
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: ncaa 14 vs ncaa 13

14 is superior in every way so get it if you can.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
14 is superior in every way so get it if you can.

What he said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-29-2015, 07:20 PM   #4
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Yes, like soulja said, it is a superior game. The *only* thing that 13 has (that I miss) that 14 does not is the ability to turn off coaching contracts.

Regarding your question on gameplay and recruiting- the differences are significant. For gameplay, EA introduced the Infinity Engine, which is a nice upgrade in the physics and collision detection department. It's somewhat rag-doll look and feel, but not overdone. Many new animations with 14 too. Plus they really enhanced the option game.

As to recruiting, it's a totally new system that is based on a points allocation system rather than the phone calls and visits in years past. I like the points system better. Also, the coaches (HC/OC/DC) all have skill trees and earn experience to level up. It's a cool addition, but I would suggest a slower coach progression rate when you start, or you'll open up skills too soon and may become overpowered.

Do yourself a favor and get started on your Jaguars dynasty in 14!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
I have ncaa 13 on ps3. I was thinking about getting ncaa 14 because I want to start a dynasty with my hometown team, univ of south alabama, and they are not on 13. I just wonder if 14 is worth buying otherwise. What are the major differences in gameplay and recruiting between 13 and 14?
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 10-30-2015, 12:16 AM   #5
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Yes, like soulja said, it is a superior game. The *only* thing that 13 has (that I miss) that 14 does not is the ability to turn off coaching contracts.

Regarding your question on gameplay and recruiting- the differences are significant. For gameplay, EA introduced the Infinity Engine, which is a nice upgrade in the physics and collision detection department. It's somewhat rag-doll look and feel, but not overdone. Many new animations with 14 too. Plus they really enhanced the option game.

As to recruiting, it's a totally new system that is based on a points allocation system rather than the phone calls and visits in years past. I like the points system better. Also, the coaches (HC/OC/DC) all have skill trees and earn experience to level up. It's a cool addition, but I would suggest a slower coach progression rate when you start, or you'll open up skills too soon and may become overpowered.

Do yourself a favor and get started on your Jaguars dynasty in 14!
haha thanks for the encouragement. you got me all excited now. The coach contracts thing is not a big deal because I like the challenge of having to worry about getting fired if i don't perform .I think the game would be too easy if you turned the contracts off anyway.

Hopefully the points system in recruiting is less time consuming than the phone calls . I don't like taking an extra half hour minimum to do recruiting before/after games

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 02:57 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
Hopefully the points system in recruiting is less time consuming than the phone calls . I don't like taking an extra half hour minimum to do recruiting before/after games
Whether you like the old or new recruiting system (I prefer the new one) the 1 thing that no one can argue is that the new system is much faster than the old.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-30-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

well,1 thing that no one can argue is that the new system is much faster than the old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »