Home

The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

This is a discussion on The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2016, 05:47 AM   #73

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

Absolutely fantastic points by Deegeezy and really a lot of the same stuff I follow (granted I got a lot, if not all of it from him). College football has always been the game I am in love with. Nothing has ever come close to matching it. Love hearing the ideas from everyone. I will definitely be borrowing many of these!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 05-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #74
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
one thing i like to do to help keep the game fresh is to make my QB play like a realistic counterpart. what i mean is i take his awareness and use it to determine how much leeway he gets in terms of audibling. this is the chart i use
AWARENESSRESPONSIBILITY
0-64ONLY BLOCKING
65-70MOTION
71-75FLIP PLAY
76-80HOT ROUTE
81-99AUDIBLE

the higher the awareness the more he is allowed to do.
That's pretty cool. I like it!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:43 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 7

Initially I started looked for CPU vs CPU sliders that might translate into coach mode. I finally found the best set but was not satisfied with how it preformed in coach mode. I started my search all over again and after almost reaching the point of just giving up on this game, I came to the perfect solution. I would give up sliders all together that was ruining this game for me. I would go coach mode AA, 7 mins ,HFA OFF, straight default sliders, and penalties(except for kicking accuracy I lowered to 35). I should add that I did do the edits to the coaching agg and playcalling that josh suggested. I really finally accepted that this was the best it would get and what I really discovered is THAT I LOVE THIS GAME! I borrowed a few house rules from the Madden Coach moders that really improved the challenge that I was initially missing. I only use ask coach for playcalls and I limit myself to those 3 plays.NO audibles, or presnap adjustments. I like to think of it as my gameplan for that game. Recruiting was to easy so I have turned it over all of it to the CPU with my criteria of what I am looking for. In CPU vs CPU as the SMU offense coordinator I went 9-4, in coach mode in the same position I went 8-5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 12:06 AM   #76
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Another reason to love NCAA 14 or get back into it if you haven't played it in awhile is that it's now (finally!) affordable to buy a copy of the game again. I swear for awhile I couldn't find it cheap anywhere - on Ebay reliable sellers are parting with it for $22 or so. With my internet being balky as hell I had to pop for it.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:28 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 0

I found a competitive slider set, so although I'm only 4-5 with Georgia Southern in my first year, I'm really having fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2016, 04:57 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Classic rosters is the only reason why I continue to play this game...

The ability to create so many types of rosters is limitless if you have the free time...

I have a Grambling St all time team and it's pretty damn fun watching them go up against the likes of teams like Miami, FSU or Notre Dame

Doug Williams vs Jim Kelly or Doug Williams vs Joe Montana in college football

I only wish I had the smarts to use that editor for 4 team playoff games LOL!

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-09-2016, 12:40 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWork123
I found a competitive slider set, so although I'm only 4-5 with Georgia Southern in my first year, I'm really having fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to the sliders?
Old 07-27-2016, 09:57 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 10

Thinking of going and buying a PS3 and this game... I sold me PS4 a few months ago and have been PC gaming only.

I've found that over the years without a NCAA game, I can't even get into real life NCAA football like I used to. I live in Massachusetts, so I guess with it not being a big deal up here the video games always kept it in the front of my mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »