Home

The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

This is a discussion on The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2018, 04:02 PM   #321
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
A fast guy with hands is super rare, but if you get one it's game over. Played a Miami team with a 6'5 97 speed wideout with hands, dude went for 140 and 2 scores on 4 grabs.

High speed/accel is way too rare though, I'm always editing guys with 94 speed but like 75 acceleration.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes issue with this. I find it so unrealistic but I'm not sure how to handle it. I've never seen someone in a base roster, in any football game have something like this, and acceleration is almost always higher than speed. If it were flipped, I wouldn't have a problem. I'm wondering how you, or anyone else fixes this. I've been going in and bumping acceleration and agility up to within 8 points of speed on any player I see it on, but since this is usually only players on my team I feel cheap doing it. The same thing happens with strength and awareness (players come in very low and never reach what I would call base level). Like I said, I feel bad fixing it on my team, because every team in the country has the same thing happen, but I can't go around to every other team also. I've kind of been thinking about just editing my opponents as I go through the season but if anyone has better suggestions let me know, I'd really appreciate it.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2018, 04:31 PM   #322
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes issue with this. I find it so unrealistic but I'm not sure how to handle it. I've never seen someone in a base roster, in any football game have something like this, and acceleration is almost always higher than speed. If it were flipped, I wouldn't have a problem. I'm wondering how you, or anyone else fixes this. I've been going in and bumping acceleration and agility up to within 8 points of speed on any player I see it on, but since this is usually only players on my team I feel cheap doing it. The same thing happens with strength and awareness (players come in very low and never reach what I would call base level). Like I said, I feel bad fixing it on my team, because every team in the country has the same thing happen, but I can't go around to every other team also. I've kind of been thinking about just editing my opponents as I go through the season but if anyone has better suggestions let me know, I'd really appreciate it.
Well I edit every starter on the other team before each game. I started doing it because the equipment really bothered me. I highly recommend doing this, makes the game look better. Also change up equipment when it gets cold, adds some immersion for me. I started editing attributes in the last season I played. Like you said, it's agility and acceleration that are low. Wideouts and corners are especially bad. Can't stand 94 speed/75 acceleration. Or a corner with 93/94 speed/acceleration, but 79 agility. Doesn't happen. I will sometimes edit strength, if you're 320 with a 73 strength there's a problem, as the game doesn't really reflect weight properly, so strength is really all that matters.

I edit guys based on build pretty frequently. If you're 5'11, 170, you're not gonna have 84 speed. You're gonna have 90s in speed/acceleration/agility. So I do that for a lot of guys. (It's insane how many guys are like this) Also, guys that don't produce get edited down. Not physically, but their skill attributes. As long as you keep it realistic and don't go handing out 99s, it helps the game a ton.

If you can get the editor to work, that would speed up the process. I don't use it, it doesn't load my file for whatever reason, so I just edit in the game. If I had the editor, I'd go a lot more in depth.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:22 PM   #323
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

That's weird guys. I don't really have this problem, or maybe I look more for Acc than speed. Regardless, I think it's important to think about acceleration as a derivative of speed. For instance the lineman on offense often have well over 90 acceleration we know they should not be able to accelerate faster than a wide receiver and they absolutely do not, as the acceleration is a component of their speed and not a completely separate rating. A high-speed moderate acceleration wide receiver is probably fairly common in the NFL and college football I've never let it bother me although I do go for acceleration guys more than speed guys. I really don't think there's a problem here and no reason to edit it personal opinion only.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2018, 08:10 PM   #324
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Got another reason I still love this game

It's different every time, just like how college sports should be. After 3 years at Bowling Green, I finally had a really successful season and felt comfortable moving on. I had received some coaching offers the year before but just didn't feel ready, so I turned them down. I was fully expecting to receive an offer from Ohio State to become their OC and was ready to snatch it up in a heartbeat. They had finished 3rd in the country and I was expecting their current OC, Kevin Wilson, to take a head coaching gig at another school. Instead I went through the entire coaching carousel and his name didn't pop up for a single position. So I backed out without saving, and just decided to take the offer that intrigued me the most. Well that was actually Bowling Green's head coaching position, I already had a connection a bunch of players, and it seemed really realistic. But because I had already decided I was going to leave, I had edited some of my star players so they could still have success after I left. I couldn't stay now, it would feel like I was cheating. So I decided to go to LSU, along with Pat Fitzgerald (HC) and Luke Fickell (DC) as LSU was dumping their coaching staff yet again. Now this has happened twice now in the past few years in real life for them, but I didn't expect it in this dynasty. Despite being a 99 overall in every category, they're 12-24 over the last 3 years and have narrowly avoided relegation every year until this year. They are 58th in the preseason poll, one spot ahead of Bowling Green, and are projected to finish 5th in their conference. I honestly could have never predicted this happening in a hundred tries and never thought I would be taking a job with LSU in this dynasty. It's just how things played out.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 03-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #325
MVP

young22's Arena

I think the biggest reason this game has lasted so long is how short the CFB season is. Not only is the game great, but you can get through like, a season every week or 2. Combine that with the turnover from year to year, and it really doesn't get old with the right sliders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 03:12 AM   #326
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Why I love this game still... See attachment.

This is my rookie corner/WR, the only DB I've ever seriously considered playing at WR before. Up against a really good strong safety in practice. I haven't played it does the newest Madden have guys transitioning this cleanly from a batdown attempt to a tackle and make it look smooth all the way through!?

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5aa779ae..._001043654.mp4

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #327
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Ugh you guys are gonna make me hook up my 360.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by NoleFan; 01-11-2021 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:31 AM   #328
Rookie

migraine247's Arena

Played my most fun game last night. Michigan vs ND. I was down by 17. Came back and won 29-28. They were marching for a score as time was counting down when I picked off a pass and ran out the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »