Home

The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

This is a discussion on The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2018, 03:44 PM   #345
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I've tried before. It's just not enough involvement from me to truly enjoy the game.

Ah. I still get just as frustrated when we’re struggling in a game. The key for me to remain invested is to watch the entire game. When I was cpu vs cpu’ing by starting the game and walking away, it quickly became boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by NoleFan; 06-01-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2018, 04:00 PM   #346
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I saw this quote in the Madden rosters section it immediately had to SMH:

Quote:
Mariota looks like he is wearing the Russell speedflex helmet this year. You still have his old helmet.

I feel bad for guys that absolutely NEED every single piece of equipment to be perfect in order to enjoy the game. This is another reason why I prefer NCAA over Madden. The rosters are fine as long as hey have names and relative ratings (to a point) but soon enough everyone will be fictional. I miss this game!

Old 05-31-2018, 04:08 PM   #347
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
I saw this quote in the Madden rosters section it immediately had to SMH:

I feel bad for guys that absolutely NEED every single piece of equipment to be perfect in order to enjoy the game. This is another reason why I prefer NCAA over Madden. The rosters are fine as long as hey have names and relative ratings (to a point) but soon enough everyone will be fictional. I miss this game!

I completely agree, it's wild how nit picky some can be.

Major Boise State fan
Old 06-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #348
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

I love the impact a coach has.

I just played a game against Boise State. I'm a 91 overall, they're a 79 with a very weak offensive line. They gave me a serious fight. They took the lead twice, and I wasn't able to get a two score lead until the third quarter because of a lucky interception. I won 48-30, but it was a battle and a lot of times it looked like they were going to pull the upset.

I looked up their coach afterward. I have fictional coaches (didn't use rosters), but whoever it is has A+ prestige, he's level 35, and has a national title to his name. I love how big of a difference a good coach can make in this game. They battled me all game, and performed well above their level because they have a solid coach.

San Diego State is the same way. 79 overall but they are 8-3 in the Big 12. They just got their third loss of the season to #5 Texas. They lost 28-21. Texas is like 95 overall, I beat them 48-31. So they even battled with Texas!

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 06-23-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #349
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I love the impact a coach has.

I just played a game against Boise State. I'm a 91 overall, they're a 79 with a very weak offensive line. They gave me a serious fight. They took the lead twice, and I wasn't able to get a two score lead until the third quarter because of a lucky interception. I won 48-30, but it was a battle and a lot of times it looked like they were going to pull the upset.

I looked up their coach afterward. I have fictional coaches (didn't use rosters), but whoever it is has A+ prestige, he's level 35, and has a national title to his name. I love how big of a difference a good coach can make in this game. They battled me all game, and performed well above their level because they have a solid coach.

San Diego State is the same way. 79 overall but they are 8-3 in the Big 12. They just got their third loss of the season to #5 Texas. They lost 28-21. Texas is like 95 overall, I beat them 48-31. So they even battled with Texas!

I love the impact that the coach skills have as well. I know some think they’re overpowered but to each his own.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #350
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

I think coach skills are overpowered in terms of how helpful they can be for a HUM with good stick skills but if you zero out he gameplay skills for your coach and allow CPU coaches to grow, you will get results like described above where lower teams play a over their OVR rating.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #351
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
I think coach skills are overpowered in terms of how helpful they can be for a HUM with good stick skills but if you zero out he gameplay skills for your coach and allow CPU coaches to grow, you will get results like described above where lower teams play a over their OVR rating.

Being a coach mode/cpu vs cpu player, I’m a huge fan of coach skills

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #352
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Being a coach mode/cpu vs cpu player, I’m a huge fan of coach skills

For CPU/CPU players then coach skills are definitely a great part of customizing your play experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »