Home

The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

This is a discussion on The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2018, 07:23 AM   #393
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

You know you love it when you get up a little earlier to start games before work in the hope of being able to squeeze 2 dynasty games in that day. I hate leaving my 360 on all day but since the game is installed and the disc isn’t spinning....

Finish up the morning game after work (unless I go home for lunch) then play game #2 after our 2 year old goes to bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-11-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #394
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
You know you love it when you get up a little earlier to start games before work in the hope of being able to squeeze to dynasty games in that day. I hate leaving my 360 on all day but since the game is installed and the disc isn’t spinning....

Finish up the morning game after work (unless I go home for lunch) then play game #2 after our 2 year old goes to bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I work night shifts, so the first day of my week I wake up at normal time. I go to the gym, walk the dog, get a game in, then I take a nap for a few hours. It's the last game I get to play until my "weekend" (I work 3 12.5 hour shifts). It's kinda nice to get a solid hour of entertainment before I dive into work and sleep for 3 straight days.

After my work week, I nap until noon or so the first day. I wake up, and do the review of the game for my dynasty. Then sometimes I play a game too, since I'm exhausted after 3 straight all nighters and don't want to do much else.

So, in essence, I play NCAA before and after the workweek, then watch football on the weekend during the season. Football becomes my life outside of work from August-January lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #395
Pro

parent22's Arena

I love this game because anything can happen. This game will last me until the next liscensed college football game comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #396
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
I love this game because anything can happen. This game will last me until the next liscensed college football game comes out.
Yup...it's going to have to lol. I find the "anything can happen" to be very true. Granted I'm sure to some extent is a pre-programmed thing like "hmmm no defense this game...FOR ANYONE" but it does replicate real college football. Teams can be wildly inconsistent.

I played Oklahoma twice in 2021. First time, I won 34-26 at home. I was up 34-10 at the beginning of the 4th, and needed a defensive stand to seal the win...it came down to the last possession. I met them again in the conference title game. Both teams had NO defense. I won 69-56 due to two 4th quarter interceptions that sealed the win.

Two games, same teams, WILDLY different styles of win...both had friggin heart pounding excitement.

You could blow out a 99 overall team, and struggle against an 80 overall. You could crush a team in one game only to face them again and lose. I love it.

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 07-11-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:48 AM   #397
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I’ve never played NCAA with a headset. Been all over the internet looking for a way to get audio from the 360 as simply as I get it from the PS4. Realized the best course of action was using the headset jack that I didn’t know my TV had. Plugged my HyperX Cloud Stingers into the TV for the last couple mins of my latest dynasty game. OMG what a difference in the experience.

Now all I need is a 3.5mm extension as I had to sit on the floor right in front of the TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-22-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:25 PM   #398
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I’ve never played NCAA with a headset. Been all over the internet looking for a way to get audio from the 360 as simply as I get it from the PS4. Realized the best course of action was using the headset jack that I didn’t know my TV had. Plugged in my HyperX Cloud Stingers into the TV for the last couple mins of my latest dynasty game. OMG what a difference in the experience.

Now all I need is a 3.5mm extension as I had to sit on the floor right in front of the TV.

This makes so much difference. Can't wait to play a big game with a headset in.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #399
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Never thought to do that. Sounds (pun intended) like a great idea!

Old 07-22-2018, 03:37 PM   #400
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Yup...it's going to have to lol. I find the "anything can happen" to be very true. Granted I'm sure to some extent is a pre-programmed thing like "hmmm no defense this game...FOR ANYONE" but it does replicate real college football. Teams can be wildly inconsistent.

I played Oklahoma twice in 2021. First time, I won 34-26 at home. I was up 34-10 at the beginning of the 4th, and needed a defensive stand to seal the win...it came down to the last possession. I met them again in the conference title game. Both teams had NO defense. I won 69-56 due to two 4th quarter interceptions that sealed the win.

Two games, same teams, WILDLY different styles of win...both had friggin heart pounding excitement.

You could blow out a 99 overall team, and struggle against an 80 overall. You could crush a team in one game only to face them again and lose. I love it.

I know all about that. I remember upsetting #2 Washington with my cupcake TB team only to be blown out by a much inferior Oregon St. team the very next week. It’s crazy how your team can play up one week and be a totally different team the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »