Home

Fix for the tackling bug

This is a discussion on Fix for the tackling bug within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fix for the tackling bug

Anybody else tired of their 75 overall MLB winning the Best LB award because he has 100 solo tackles? I am. Other than the playoffs not being in the game (which we have a work around) this is the biggest issue I have. But because of the awesome DB EA Editor tool, we have a work around. It will take a little elbow grease, but it can be done. You can do it different ways, but this is how I will be doing it.

I am still testing this method but initial results look good.

You have to use the DB EA Editor tool with Xans Dynasty config. That is the only config I know of that will allow for stat changes.

I just started testing this so I have some questions. As far as I know, the Semi-finalists for the awards are generated during the advancement to that week (week 7???). So you would have to modify your players' stats before advancing to that week. That way, you don't have to modify their stats every week.

The way I am doing it, is I will half the solo's, round up and add the remainder to the assists.

EX: Bob Jones has 51 solos and 5 assists through 6 weeks. Before advancing to week 7, I would open the DB EA Editor tool and modify his stats like so:

51 / 2 = 26 solos
5 + 25 = 30 assists

I am not going to do this with all my defenders, just the ones with a high number of solos.

Now...remember this is just for the sem-finalist week. You need to do it one more time before advancing to the finalist week and then one last time before the awards are given out. The 2nd and 3rd time, the tackles are calculated differently. You cannot just take half his season stats, because you already halved them once.

Here is what I will do. I will keep track of what the stats were modified to in week 6. Then I will diff that number from the total accumulated in the next few weeks to the next modification. Half that number and do the same calculation.

EX:
Take the example I provided above. After modifying the stats through week 6, Bob Jones had 26 solos and 30 assists. Lets say from week 7 to week 11(when the finalists are announced???) he had 41 solos and 7 assists. The only way you would know this is by writing down his week 6 stats and subtract 67 - 26 = 41. So you have to keep track of the tackles stats. The solos are more important. You don't really have to keep track of assists. They are always just added onto.

So now you have to use the EA DB Editor again to update the stats. Through week 11, Bob would have:

67 - 26 = 41
41 / 2 = 21 (round up) -> remainder is 20 to add to assists.
26 + 21 = 47 solo's
30 + 20 = 50 assists

You will have to do this one last time the week before the awards are given.

See post below on how to use the EA DB Editor to make the changes.

Last edited by Geaux Tigahs; 08-17-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Fix for the tackling bug

To update the stats, use EA DB Editor and Xans Dynasty config. If you don't know how to do this, there are plenty of threads in this forum to show you how.

Go to the: Stats & Results tab -> Def. Stats tab
All your work will take place in this tab.

Player ID has a number and name in that column. A player could have multiple rows with different numbers. Each number represents a different season. So if your player is a senior, he will have 4 rows, one for each season he played. You will only need to change the current season numbers. The career stats are an accumulation of the numbers in each row. There is no "career" row.

So, you have to find the current season stats. Best way is to scroll to the top and sort solo tackles in descending order (highest on top). Then sort games played in ascending order (lowest on top). This will give you top solo tacklers in the current season at the top. Find your players and make the changes. Recored the numbers. You are already on a CPU so just copy paste those numbers to a notepad or something. Save the dynasty file. Then override your dynasty file on your PS3. You will see the changes in your dynasty....and no more cheesy LB of the Year awards or 75 overall All-Americans!!!

Last edited by Geaux Tigahs; 08-17-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Very nice find. Should eliminate the LB's that shouldn't receive the Award & the same for All-Americans as well.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 08-17-2019, 10:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
Very nice find. Should eliminate the LB's that shouldn't receive the Award & the same for All-Americans as well.
Yep. I am going through and finding out which weeks the players' stats need to be updated.

Last edited by Geaux Tigahs; 08-17-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:10 PM   #5
Rookie

So it looks like you will have to make updates to the stats in 3 different weeks. This is assuming I am correct in that the semi, finalists and final awards are calculated during the advancement into that week.

Award semi-finalits are announced in week 11. So that means at the end of week 10, prior to advancing, you need to update the stats.

Award finalits are announced in week 13. At then end of week 12, prior to advancing, you need to update the stats.

And awards are announced bowl week. So change stats at end of conference championship week.

Last edited by Geaux Tigahs; 01-11-2020 at 05:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2019, 10:12 AM   #6
Rookie

Bump to keep this thread at the top. Or it should be stickied or combined with a sticky that has in game fixes to bugs.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Anybody else tried this? Works like a charm. No more LBs/DBs on human controlled teams getting awards with 50 more solo tackles than players on CPU teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »