Home

Run and shoot

This is a discussion on Run and shoot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2015, 02:35 PM   #17
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Run and shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
It's the same playbook, the only thing I do differently than Leach is I take my time... I never hike the ball before :01 on the play clock, unless it's late and I'm trailing and need to score. I go on some LONG drives. I had one last night, against Georgia, that was 16 plays, 87 yards and took 8:53 off the clock. { I play 12 minute quarters} It helps keep my defense off the field and keeps them rested when they go back on the field.

I also use Formation Subs and have backup WR's and my backup RB in formations so my offense never tires out.

Do you use any 5-wide formations or do you stick with 10 and 20 personnel exclusively like Leach does?
Old 12-24-2015, 02:59 PM   #18
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
It's the same playbook, the only thing I do differently than Leach is I take my time... I never hike the ball before :01 on the play clock, unless it's late and I'm trailing and need to score. I go on some LONG drives. I had one last night, against Georgia, that was 16 plays, 87 yards and took 8:53 off the clock. { I play 12 minute quarters} It helps keep my defense off the field and keeps them rested when they go back on the field.

I also use Formation Subs and have backup WR's and my backup RB in formations so my offense never tires out.
Ok playbook is the same. Do you ever go hurry up and bleed the clock. Or always huddle up. So you get the affect of running 8 wrs?

Edit. I never knew this. But formation subs work while running the no huddle? Or are your on field guts locked in?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by NKRDIBL; 12-24-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:59 PM   #19
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
Ok playbook is the same. Do you ever go hurry up and bleed the clock. Or always huddle up. So you get the affect of running 8 wrs?

Edit. I never knew this. But formation subs work while running the no huddle? Or are your on field guts locked in?

When you use the no huddle, the personnel you left the huddle with will remain until you huddle again. This makes formation subs awesome at resting guys when you no huddle.

I always go 3-4 deep @ HB. With my spread option team I go 6-7 deep @ WR and with my run and shoot team I go 9-10 deep @ WR. I have certain formations that use formation subs. IE. for 10 personnel, I'll have these formations:
A: WR 1,3 (subbed out)
B: WR 2,4 (subbed out)
C: WR 1,2 (subbed out)
D: WR 3,4 (subbed out)
E-H: No subs

So I'll start w/ formation E-H (all starters) and run some plays. Then I'll huddle and see that WRs 2 and 4 are tired. I'll call formation B to rest them and continue to no huddle. Until I huddle again WRs 2 and 4 will remain on the bench resting while WRs 5 and 6 (or 6 and 7 or whomever I have subbed in) get some PT.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-24-2015, 07:14 PM   #20
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
When you use the no huddle, the personnel you left the huddle with will remain until you huddle again. This makes formation subs awesome at resting guys when you no huddle.

I always go 3-4 deep @ HB. With my spread option team I go 6-7 deep @ WR and with my run and shoot team I go 9-10 deep @ WR. I have certain formations that use formation subs. IE. for 10 personnel, I'll have these formations:
A: WR 1,3 (subbed out)
B: WR 2,4 (subbed out)
C: WR 1,2 (subbed out)
D: WR 3,4 (subbed out)
E-H: No subs

So I'll start w/ formation E-H (all starters) and run some plays. Then I'll huddle and see that WRs 2 and 4 are tired. I'll call formation B to rest them and continue to no huddle. Until I huddle again WRs 2 and 4 will remain on the bench resting while WRs 5 and 6 (or 6 and 7 or whomever I have subbed in) get some PT.
Thanks. Was hoping there was a way to have substitutions with out huddling up. I run formation subs usually. Was just looking to replicate an air raid with subs with out having to huddle. Beggers can't be choosers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »