Home

Run and shoot

This is a discussion on Run and shoot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Run and shoot

Okay so I have studied this for real life and I would like to run it on the game. However I am having trouble getting my wideouts to run the correct routes. Should I just chunk it to them on time and they will be open or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
MVP

whughes's Arena

Re: Run and shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdownkickout
Okay so I have studied this for real life and I would like to run it on the game. However I am having trouble getting my wideouts to run the correct routes. Should I just chunk it to them on time and they will be open or am I missing something?
I believe it has to do with your receivers awareness rating. The higher it is, the more likely they are to choose the right "option" to get open

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 11-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #3
Rookie

It does depend on awareness of receivers, best thing to do is to go into practice mode and practice the plays in the playbook vs a ton of coverages. If you check nykia's youtube channel he has a ton of guides on the RNS, the one for M16 or M25 he did apply to NCAA as well. It might work a bit differently in game but the principles of the offense remain the same.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdownkickout

As the two people above pointed out, this offense requires your WR's to have a high awareness. It should also be pointed out that EA didn't put the Run & Shoot in the game... there's maybe 5 plays and none of them have all the option routes that the real R&S has.

When Colt Brennan was at Hawaii, he said on every play his 4 receivers could and would have up to 16 option routes. Basically, 4 per man. EA doesn't even come close to that.

They also have one route, 60 Go, where the inside receiver runs to the flat. In real life he runs that pattern at 3-5 yards, in the game, he runs it at 1 yard.

It can still be a lethal offense, just know that you're only getting a few R&S plays and none of them have all the correct option routes.

Here's a video of June Jones talking about the offense with a clip of Brennan reading the D after the snap and delivering a strike for a huge gain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efLE5JyskU8

Old 11-23-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Ah, Dr. Death, the master of all things aerial football, is at it again. I'm not sure if you still post regularly but it is good to read your pearls of football wisdom again. I still read your Equalizer Offense article every time I need a jolt of motivation to play again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 03:08 PM   #6
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Ah, Dr. Death, the master of all things aerial football, is at it again. I'm not sure if you still post regularly but it is good to read your pearls of football wisdom again. I still read your Equalizer Offense article every time I need a jolt of motivation to play again.
Thanks, man!!! That was really nice of you to say!!!

Old 11-24-2015, 04:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Traitmanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Thanks, man!!! That was really nice of you to say!!!
Hey i been reading alot of you RnS philosophy. Hawaii might be re-hiring June Jones. Do you think the RnS is still effective. Well from what I been looking at, He never did have a QB that was as effective as Colt Brennan, June Jones and Nick Rolovich but be still won games at SMU. What do you think?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:57 PM   #8
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitmanz
Hey i been reading alot of you RnS philosophy. Hawaii might be re-hiring June Jones. Do you think the RnS is still effective. Well from what I been looking at, He never did have a QB that was as effective as Colt Brennan, June Jones and Nick Rolovich but be still won games at SMU. What do you think?
Hawaii needs to bring him back. He'll have them winning in no time. And while it would be difficult to find a QB as good as Brennan was, June will still have success!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »