Home

Stop Crying About The CPU Running Game

This is a discussion on Stop Crying About The CPU Running Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #17
Rookie

jjonesAU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Stop Crying About The CPU Running Game

Quote:

AndyDufresne said:
i have an idea that may help fix the rushing problem. before you go into your game for that week, create a coach for the team that you are playing against and edit his tendencies so that they run the ball more often or however you would like and then play against them. it sounds like it would work to me. some of you guys try it out and tell us what you think and if it works.

I never tried this in 2004, but it didn't work in 2003. For example, in my dynasty I created 3 coaches: one for me and the team I was controlling, one for a running team that the CPU controlled, and one for a passing team that the CPU controlled. I gave the running coach a 80/20 run/pass ratio. In simulated games, the stats were perfect. The running team averaged around 220 yards rushing and 80 yards passing per game. So when I finally played against them, I expected a tough rushing attack. Well, what do you know --- they threw on the first 8 plays of the game, and ended up throwing 50 times compared to around 20 rushing attempts. Had over 300 yards passing -- and this was from a mediocre-at-best QB. I was so ticked -- not from losing, but from the total lack of consistency displayed by EA.

Again, maybe 2004 handled this better.

Well supposedly those sliders only come into play during simulation. Even though you were playing against them, it must have thrown out the sliders and gone with what worked. I agree it sucks, but this isn't a game killer.

I actually played a game last night in which the CPU ran too much. I had them down by 15 late in the game, and they were still running it. They were having more success than i usually allow, but still only about 80 yards in 10 minute quarters (i also turned the pass blocking up after i had 15 sacks with a freshman DE in an earlier game). And this was supposed to be a passing offense (USC 9 years from now, with a heisman candidate QB)
Old 07-09-2004, 12:06 PM   #18
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Stop Crying About The CPU Running Game

Quote:

dereliched said:
i have an idea that may help fix the rushing problem. before you go into your game for that week, create a coach for the team that you are playing against and edit his tendencies so that they run the ball more often or however you would like and then play against them. it sounds like it would work to me. some of you guys try it out and tell us what you think and if it works.

Yeah, this is an old solution. I think it was part of Bill Abner's house rules. It helps a little, but doesn't do enough IMO. The CPU just doesn't stick to the run on AA and that's a problem EA should've addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »