Home

Any way to manipulate conference schedules?

This is a discussion on Any way to manipulate conference schedules? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #9
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Any way to manipulate conference schedules?

Okay so in my second season I have Big Ten rivalries set-up:

UM-Minnesota, OSU-Illinois, IU-Purdue, MSU-Iowa, PSU-Northwestern, Rutgers-Wisconsin, and UMD-Nebraska

The problem is Purdue vs Indiana is moved towards the beginning of the year.

I've tried this set-up when I first start a dynasty and the rivalry week games work out perfectly. I've also switched UMD and Rutgers opponents to test, and it still works out.

Once I complete my second season I will make an alternate save and see if it goes back to normal or if I can make some swaps to get the Old Oaken Bucket back to the week it belongs!
Old 12-11-2015, 08:11 PM   #10
Pro

esayem's Arena

I figured out how to do it:

I set up the divisions the way I wanted them and then dropped Indiana and Purdue to Independents. When I moved them back, they were permanent rivals. I doubled checked this with the American and C-USA. So, basically the schedule has something to do with the order the teams are added, unless they have a programmed rivalry that week.

You will have to save a dynasty during the conference changes screen, and then turn auto-save OFF. Sim thru the offseason and check out the match-ups during week 14. For instance, in my dynasty the American West was: SMU vs Tulane, Houston vs Memphis, and Navy vs Tulsa. I wanted to make as many rivalry games happen during that week as possible. I quit and went back to my saved game and dropped SMU, Houston, and Navy to Independents. Tulsa was the last school added to the conference so I figured it now had Memphis vs Tulane during rivalry week (which I was proved correct). I added Houston back in first (to match up with Tulsa), then added SMU and Navy (so they played). Sure enough it worked. Now I have games like WKU vs MTSU, LaTech vs S. Miss, and Houston vs Tulsa during rivalry week.

Some games are programmed to occur that week if possible, like Mizzou vs A&M, but most can be adjusted. Remember, it is based on when a team joins the conference. Good luck!
Old 12-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
I figured out how to do it:

I set up the divisions the way I wanted them and then dropped Indiana and Purdue to Independents. When I moved them back, they were permanent rivals. I doubled checked this with the American and C-USA. So, basically the schedule has something to do with the order the teams are added, unless they have a programmed rivalry that week.

You will have to save a dynasty during the conference changes screen, and then turn auto-save OFF. Sim thru the offseason and check out the match-ups during week 14. For instance, in my dynasty the American West was: SMU vs Tulane, Houston vs Memphis, and Navy vs Tulsa. I wanted to make as many rivalry games happen during that week as possible. I quit and went back to my saved game and dropped SMU, Houston, and Navy to Independents. Tulsa was the last school added to the conference so I figured it now had Memphis vs Tulane during rivalry week (which I was proved correct). I added Houston back in first (to match up with Tulsa), then added SMU and Navy (so they played). Sure enough it worked. Now I have games like WKU vs MTSU, LaTech vs S. Miss, and Houston vs Tulsa during rivalry week.

Some games are programmed to occur that week if possible, like Mizzou vs A&M, but most can be adjusted. Remember, it is based on when a team joins the conference. Good luck!
This is an amazing revelation. It sounds like this technique can also be used to break up the same stale conference schedule year over year so that you play different teams in different weeks.

Can you elaborate on some more on your findings? Do you have an more insight into what order teams need to be added to the conferences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2015, 06:30 PM   #12
Pro

esayem's Arena

Basically a conference without set rivalry week games (like OSU vs Michigan) is set-up:

Rivalry week:
Team A1 vs Team A2
Team B1 vs Team B2
Team C1 vs Team C2

If you remove Team A2 and Team B1, then Team B2 moves into Team A2's place, Team C1 and C2 will move up to B1 and B2, and if you re-add the original A2 and B1, they will take C1 and C2's spot.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:28 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Basically a conference without set rivalry week games (like OSU vs Michigan) is set-up:

Rivalry week:
Team A1 vs Team A2
Team B1 vs Team B2
Team C1 vs Team C2

If you remove Team A2 and Team B1, then Team B2 moves into Team A2's place, Team C1 and C2 will move up to B1 and B2, and if you re-add the original A2 and B1, they will take C1 and C2's spot.
So this would imply that the game sets your entire schedule starting with rivalry week. I had a tough time getting the match ups I wanted with a 14 team American. But perhaps I need to experiment some more.

Any thoughts on how divisions come into pay? For example if the 8th team added ends up in the wrong divisions when the computer splits them, and I switch them to the other division, are they still 8 in the queue or do they become 12?
Old 12-17-2015, 08:38 PM   #14
Pro

esayem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
Any thoughts on how divisions come into pay? For example if the 8th team added ends up in the wrong divisions when the computer splits them, and I switch them to the other division, are they still 8 in the queue or do they become 12?
That happened to me and I just traded them for the correct team and it worked. Also, I do one division at a time.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:13 PM   #15
Rookie

BackToTheScript's Arena

OVR: 0

Any word on how this works with conferences that don't have divisions? I've been trying your method and I can't for the life of me figure out the Big 12.

Week 14 is always set up:
Texas-Oklahoma
Texas Tech-Oklahoma State
Kansas-Iowa State
West Virginia-TCU
Baylor-Kansas State

I want to keep the first 2 as is, but I also want:
Kansas-Kansas State
Baylor-TCU
West Virginia-Iowa State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 10:07 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToTheScript
Any word on how this works with conferences that don't have divisions? I've been trying your method and I can't for the life of me figure out the Big 12.

Week 14 is always set up:
Texas-Oklahoma
Texas Tech-Oklahoma State
Kansas-Iowa State
West Virginia-TCU
Baylor-Kansas State

I want to keep the first 2 as is, but I also want:
Kansas-Kansas State
Baylor-TCU
West Virginia-Iowa State
Rivalry week for no division conferences are moved to week 15 from what i can tell. I just reworked the Big 12 in my dynasty and was able to get exactly want i wsnted for rivalry week, although i still need some tweeking because sooner teams have 4 straight games at home/away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »