Home

What is your most epic comeback

This is a discussion on What is your most epic comeback within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2015, 12:59 AM   #9
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is your most epic comeback

Down 16-17 against the CPU with jus under 4mins left to play and their ball. I hold them to 1 first down, but burn all my timeouts. They punt and I get the ball back with 2:02 to play. Plenty of time. I march down the field and get in the endzone with :33seconds left. Go for 2 to make it a 7 point game, don't get it. Now I'm up 22-17. I've been simming all special teams plays just because field goals etc are too easy for me, well my AI kickoff team gives up a return touchdown. They go for 2, I stop them. 23-22 ball game they're up. 9seconds on the clock they squib kick it. I get the ball on my 40ish with 4seconds to play. Throw a Hail Mary up, it's batted down by one of their guys, right into one of my receivers hands. He jukes out one guy and scores with zeroes on the clock. I win 28-23! Definitely my most exciting comeback/finish ever

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 12-01-2015, 10:49 AM   #10
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

I can think of two that come to mind. I was down 24-7 to Virginia Tech in the second or third year of my dynasty. My team was in the MAC at the time, so this was basically the biggest game I had played for my university (Cal U of PA). I came back in the second half, winning on a time-expiring field goal 27-24 en route to my first undefeated season. No National Championship that year due to SOS, non-power conference status.

It was perhaps that same year I played Penn State in the Orange Bowl (not entirely certain). Rainy day in Miami. They were pounding the rock all day long, racked up something like 300 yards rushing on my defense that had limited teams to <100 yards rushing during the season. Low scoring game, 14-7 into the 4th quarter.

My defense was able to make a play finally and a pick-six tied the game. Then my freshman QB (who turned into a 4-year starter and set every school passing record possible) won the game with a deep post pass with under 30 seconds left. Clock ran out on PSU's next possession.

I have played a number of OT games but none of them really stick out. Maybe the one against Ohio State about seven years into my dynasty once I had joined the Big Ten. Though I believe I lost that game because I don't remember the result. Actually a couple years in the Big Ten, the standings were kind of whacky. A lot of parity with the conference championship being decided between teams with 3 or 4 losses. Indiana was in the championship game last season, believe it or not.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #11
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

A while back, when I first got NCAA 14:

Sonoma State Seawolves (team builder, my alma mater) Vs. rival Fresno State Bulldogs. It was my 2nd season with Sonoma and I purpose built them to be awful (overall 50 when I started, this year 57)... after all we were a new program lol. I expected a lot of losses while I built the program. I think I was 3-9 my first season (all 3 wins vs. AA opponents). Coming into this game I was something like 1-6 or so, just bad.

In Fresno, 2:45 left and down 45-28, with the ball around midfield. Spread the filed and went hurry up, 3 plays later I'm in the endzone with 2:15 or so left. 45-35.

Force the 3 and out on 2 runs and a pass. Burned 2 timeouts and I'm thinking "wow, this could be a good finish." Got the ball around my 35 with a hair under 2 to go. Drove down the field as fast I could...given my fastest receiver had a speed of 78 or so. 4th and 8 from the 20 and I hit the seam route for a TD. 45-42...with only 30 seconds left though.

To this day...it remains the ONLY onside kick I have ever recovered. Now at my own 45. One incomplete, one sack, and now I'm stuck on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds left, no timeouts. Its obviously 4 down territory, but I've got 2 plays IF I can get out of bounds.

Well as luck would have it I hit the wide open out route... receiver drops it. 7 seconds on the clock, 4th down and 20 from my own 35. I need some Flutie magic.

I've never been a fan of the hail mary plays, they never work right. I spread 4 wide and run the seam play (I forget the exact name, but it has one outside man running a 5 yard in and the other a 10 yard curl. One inside runs a seam and the other a slight fade). Hot route the outside guys to go routes. Drop back and pray.

I go deep to the left, my fastest guy. He goes up...off his hands...and into the waiting hands of my slot receiver! Both DB's had gone after the wideout giving the slot guy a clear shot to the end zone. All I had to do was outrun them (something like 75 speed lol). The defender catches up around the 3 yard line, but a lucky stiff arm animation chimes in and I don't go down till 3 yards into the end zone. TOUCHDOWN SONOMA STATE!

Final was 49-45 (since we HAVE to kick the extra point...wish the game would allow for an old school walk off)

Got a bit of help from the final animation for sure, but it was the most exciting single game of '14 I've had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2015, 02:32 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

#16 Rutgers v #17 Penn State.

After 6 interceptions, I was down 48-7 halfway through the 3rd quarter. Penn State's defense was absolutely dominating me. All of a sudden, everything went 180. I scored 6 straight touchdowns while shutting out the offenses. Ended up winning 49-48.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #13
Rookie

RyanXGrindle's Arena

As an OC at Ohio St. made it to the NC game. I came from TTU where I was an OC for two years and had built up a nice program. OSU won the NC the year before I got there, so they were loaded with Talent. My top 2 QB's went down during the year, so I was starting a true freshman at QB (who I originally red shirted, but didn't have much else to work with when #1 and 2 went down) VS. Bama in the NC game. Threw a couple early picks in my own territory, and fumbled on a read option play. Was down 21-0 late in the 2nd quarter. Scored on a nice pay down the seam to the TE right before half. Got the ball back after half and marched down and scored again. Defense took over after that. Go into the 4th still down 21-14 and score to tie it up with around 3 minutes left. Defense makes another stop and I have the ball back tied up with a little over a minute left in the game. I throw an interception deep in my own territory and give the game to Bama. They run on the first play and I send a backer and house the guy, who fumbles back to me. Three timeouts and 5 or 6 well executed pass plays later we score with less then 10 seconds left to win the NC.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:04 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Down 16-17 against the CPU with jus under 4mins left to play and their ball. I hold them to 1 first down, but burn all my timeouts. They punt and I get the ball back with 2:02 to play. Plenty of time. I march down the field and get in the endzone with :33seconds left. Go for 2 to make it a 7 point game, don't get it. Now I'm up 22-17. I've been simming all special teams plays just because field goals etc are too easy for me, well my AI kickoff team gives up a return touchdown. They go for 2, I stop them. 23-22 ball game they're up. 9seconds on the clock they squib kick it. I get the ball on my 40ish with 4seconds to play. Throw a Hail Mary up, it's batted down by one of their guys, right into one of my receivers hands. He jukes out one guy and scores with zeroes on the clock. I win 28-23! Definitely my most exciting comeback/finish ever

What difficulty level do you play on?

I've played nearly a thousand dynasty games on Heisman and I've never had the CPU use a squib kick before (including in a lot of situations where they should've).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #15
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
What difficulty level do you play on?

I've played nearly a thousand dynasty games on Heisman and I've never had the CPU use a squib kick before (including in a lot of situations where they should've).
I use the OS community sliders. So modified heisman

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 07:53 PM   #16
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
#16 Rutgers v #17 Penn State.

After 6 interceptions, I was down 48-7 halfway through the 3rd quarter. Penn State's defense was absolutely dominating me. All of a sudden, everything went 180. I scored 6 straight touchdowns while shutting out the offenses. Ended up winning 49-48.
The only time I have made a comeback even close to that (31 points) was because I got so frustrated I changed the difficulty from heisman to freshman

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »