Home

Important Notice.

This is a discussion on Important Notice. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #57
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Important Notice.

You don't have to respect us. But, please, have enough respect for yourself as to not waste your time viewing such a clearly substandard website. For the love of God...think of the children.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

moylan55 said:
Lastly, I just have to say that I found your last comment totally inappropriate. There’s no possible way you can know what every person who comes on this site wants from a video game. Some people care most about game play others care more about dynasty or other things. The point is you or anybody else working on the site should not be in the position of telling us the consumer what we want to read about. That is for us to decide not you.

Most of the site DOES care more about the gameplay. A lot of people here have been here for a couple of years, or longer. Every year Steve gets a beta, every year he does his impressions this way, and every year most of the site likes the way he does it. I care more about hearing about the gameplay because we already know what's in dynasty mode. There's not all that much new to say about it, because it's hard to tell just how good the recruiting is, or the NCAA violations are in a few days. Gameplay is a lot easier to actually talk about how good it is, not just what the features that we've already heard about are. That's just my opinion, but I think the majority of the people hear share it to some degree. But that's ok because people can have their own opinion on what's important, and that's why Steve already said he'd talk about dynasty mode today or this weekend, so I don't get why this is such a big issue anyway.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #59
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Ummmmmm....Alaskaman, anything you put your money and time into, you should take seriously. I mean i'm pretty sure if someone called you a joke because you take being in the army seriously, and called you a cartoon power ranger, you would be plenty pissed!! While this may be ultimately about video games, this is also about showing these dudes some respect!! Respect or be out mannnnn....
Old 07-09-2004, 01:58 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't understand what's going on here. Why is this guy ragging on impressions (which no one else is doing for their visitors) and the mods?
Old 07-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

moylan55 said:
Lastly, I just have to say that I found your last comment totally inappropriate. There’s no possible way you can know what every person who comes on this site wants from a video game. Some people care most about game play others care more about dynasty or other things. The point is you or anybody else working on the site should not be in the position of telling us the consumer what we want to read about. That is for us to decide not you.

Most of the site DOES care more about the gameplay. A lot of people here have been here for a couple of years, or longer. Every year Steve gets a beta, every year he does his impressions this way, and every year most of the site likes the way he does it. I care more about hearing about the gameplay because we already know what's in dynasty mode. There's not all that much new to say about it, because it's hard to tell just how good the recruiting is, or the NCAA violations are in a few days. Gameplay is a lot easier to actually talk about how good it is, not just what the features that we've already heard about are. That's just my opinion, but I think the majority of the people hear share it to some degree. But that's ok because people can have their own opinion on what's important, and that's why Steve already said he'd talk about dynasty mode today or this weekend, so I don't get why this is such a big issue anyway.

I agree well put, everyone has their own opinion about what makes a good video game...that's the only point I was ever trying to make...thanks for saying it better than I did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 02:00 PM   #62
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Don't worry...alaskaman is not coming back. He's off looking for WMDs.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:00 PM   #63
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
alaskaman said:
You mods say you all have 9-5 jobs with family etc, etc. Exactly when do you guys actually "work". I mean it seems the mods post more than anyone else. So I don't think you guys are "all that" because you claim that you do this and work a full time job. Obviously you don't work. Now I'm sure you go to work, but then sit staring at these boards all day. About the advanced copy, I understand Steve has other obligations and all. But come on, he hasn't given us anything we didn't already know. I just think it's a joke that you guys take yourself so seriously. And yes I do have a job (Army) and a family, so I don't think you're so special just because you criticize and belittle people on a message board all day without any consequences. And you people have the audacity to tell people to grow up??!!

bkrich83
Quote:

My only question is why come back?? The internet is a big place, if this doesn't suit your needs and you don't like the staff, why not go somewhere that does suit your needs?

bkrich83- you see why its hard for me to relax
Old 07-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Funny thing is, other sites always say " we know we could do a better job and give our viewers what they want" We had the same crap with Madden Mania( When I said we I ment the mods at OS and the viewers who come here and have to read this crap) because MM didnt feeel as if Steve was doing a good job. Steve must be doing something right or he wouldnt get a copy every year. Yet you have sites like IGN who has been sitting on a copy for weeks, yet not Q & A at their site, are you over there causing a stir?

Like others have said, this is how things are overhere. I have been here long enough to see crap like this every year and every year we always get people that reg and all they do is complain and then go back to their site just to talk about OS and the Mods. (ALA Stick Figure avatars making fun of Steve.) Dont like it dont come back, but dont act so childish .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »