Home

No Playoff option in NCAA 2005!!!

This is a discussion on No Playoff option in NCAA 2005!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2004, 05:07 PM   #9

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: No Playoff option in NCAA 2005!!!

I would think that this would be in the contract between them in the NCAA. I mean, so many people want this feature yet EA has not put it in in all these years. Theres gotta be a reason for it.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:12 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

if you don't want North Texas in the BCS Bowl then put them in your non conference schedule and beat them. Its pretty easy to contain the "small schools in money recruiting areas" like TCU, Fresno, SDSU and North Texas that way.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:15 PM   #11
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

So what if there's a playoff option.

Do you think North Texas, TCU, etc... would automatically lose. These are 6 star teams...you'd still ending up playing them.

I like realism...I'll gladly take the BCS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 05:19 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

So while playing as a Big XII school, I should use my three non conference games against the likes of TCU, Fresno State, SDSU and North Texas instead of LSU, USC, Michigan, Notre Dame and Florida State???
Once again folks, I am asking that they put it back in as an OPTION, not for EVERYONE to have to use it. And for those of us that DREAM of a playoff system in college football, at least this would quench are thirst a little.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:20 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:

AggieJay said:
yea, but if you wanted FULL REALISM, then we wouldn't have North Texas, Fresno State and TCU in the National Championship game every other year!!!!
Also, I was looking for that OPTION. If it was IN THE GAME a few years back, why not put it back in again???
Maybe in ten years they have a playoff option, shouldn't you be able to have one in year 10 of your dynasty???
Another dream option would allow you to "create" or "rearrange" conferences every five years in your dynasty.

NCAA 2015 will take care of that
Old 07-09-2004, 05:27 PM   #14
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

its not that big of a deal that dont have it in real life no need to make things up on sim games
Old 07-09-2004, 05:30 PM   #15
Banned

mwynn05's Arena

OVR: 1

playing the unt's and tcu's and sdsu doesnt bother me thta much because some times these teams are really good and are a good challenge
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2004, 05:30 PM   #16
Rookie

triplela's Arena

OVR: 3

I want a playoff OPTION. If you want BCS, then choose BCS. Some of us want playoffs. It was in NCAA 2001 and earlier on the PS1, but no sight of it on the PS2. Typical of EA. Take something out that people like and put in more Madden Cards(oh yay!) or more pennants. Which if you like those things, fine. But people also liked the playoff feature. I don't see why the NCAA would care if a playoff option was included in a video game. Come on. This is a video game we're talking about here. I don't think it would stop the 100000 people from going to "The Big House" in Ann Arbor or Neyland Stadium in Knoxville. If they are worried about things like a playoff system in a video game with all the other problems in college sports (coach scandals, recruiting sex scandals, academic scandals, etc), then they need to rearrange their priorities.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »