Home

Head Coach vs. coordinator sim games

This is a discussion on Head Coach vs. coordinator sim games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2015, 03:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6

I am sure within the many pages on OS there are answers, but I have not found them. My question is when simming games what matters?

If the HC says we are going to run the ball 65% of the time, and the OC says 50 / 50 then which one is used when simming games? Or if the HC wants to defend the pass 65% and the DC wants to defend the pass 45%, which is used when simming games?

Lastly why does the OC have defend the run and pass sliders? The OC has nothing to do with the defense so why do they have defensive sliders?

So I know most people are going to read this and have no answer, but I know there are die hard OS number crunchers who have ideas on this stuff and we need answers. I mean I have modio and do mass edits, but I cant mass edit what I think works, I need to know what works.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Head Coach vs. coordinator sim games

The HC is all that matters.

Obviously coordinators have both offensive and defensive settings for when they become a HC.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Head Coach vs. coordinator sim games

Thank you Jello. Jello, since you answered this can you tell me if there are any settings that can be changed in modio which have strength of schedule mean something when it comes to rankings and bowl matchups?

I am frustrated seeing a team like FAU go unbeaten in the national title game when their SOS is awful.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 12-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't know of any setting like that, but of course you can always change the polls and title game matchup however you want.

I use an 8 team playoff and one of the guaranteed spots is the highest ranked mid major (as long as they're in the top 20). But if there's a mid major with an inflated ranking due to a soft schedule, I'll adjust things to put them where they belong (I'd probably never let a mid major be #1 unless there were simply no power conference schools that were worthy).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »