Home

Bad news about rosters online!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Bad news about rosters online!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2004, 09:06 AM   #17
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Bad news about rosters online!!!!!!

Hopefully, we'll all know soon.

I'm sceptical. Names online rosters was on the PS2 last year. This should be (coding wise) a platform independent feature, and I can't see whay they would go out of their way to remove a feature.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:50 AM   #18
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

K-Lock didn't specifically say that names won't work online. Right now it's just a rumor. EA knows how popular a feature this is so I doubt that they would be dumb enough to take it out. Hopefully the NCAA isn't throwing it's weight around, trying to get names removed.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Sigma4Life said:
K-Lock didn't specifically say that names won't work online. Right now it's just a rumor. EA knows how popular a feature this is so I doubt that they would be dumb enough to take it out. Hopefully the NCAA isn't throwing it's weight around, trying to get names removed.

Was just going by the first post. Hopefully its not true.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:13 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

One of the many flaws of the X-Box version. Despite having both systems, I have bought the PS2 version for the past four years and that won't be changing anytime soon. I laughed when people told me X-Box Live would be better than PS2 Online at this juncture. Tried to tell them that the infrastrucuture wasn't set up properly yet to handle the game's users - not to mention you have to shell out a yearly fee for such a service. When the packaging comes off on Tuesday afternoon, it's good to know that I'll have the version that the game was meant to play on with no issues concerning Online access.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:19 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

The issues will be sorted out on Xbox live, I have my PS2 and Xbox online, I very much prefer the Xbox online than the PS2, it's just much more "Organized" if people with both systems understand what I'm trying to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 03:06 PM   #22
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

yeah I had both last year (bought PS2 first, then Xbox version used) and I haven't looked back from the xbox version
Old 07-10-2004, 03:30 PM   #23
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I prefer the PS2 version myself. The graphics look pretty much the same in my opinion anyway. Plus NCAA was built from the ground up on PS2 then ported.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:52 PM   #24
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

alienreb said:
One of the many flaws of the X-Box version. Despite having both systems, I have bought the PS2 version for the past four years and that won't be changing anytime soon. I laughed when people told me X-Box Live would be better than PS2 Online at this juncture. Tried to tell them that the infrastrucuture wasn't set up properly yet to handle the game's users - not to mention you have to shell out a yearly fee for such a service. When the packaging comes off on Tuesday afternoon, it's good to know that I'll have the version that the game was meant to play on with no issues concerning Online access.

Many flaws??
I'll take the better graphics(and they are very noticable) and sound, 4 player support and HD for multiple saves over the "flaw" as you call it of rosters online.
Of course this is just my opinions based on what I like...Obviously you prefer online rosters over all things so I guess the PS2 version is for you..
Peace..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »