Home

What are you doing to get ready for 2005?

This is a discussion on What are you doing to get ready for 2005? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2004, 05:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
What are you doing to get ready for 2005?

The past two weeks I've jumped back into NCAA 2004 to get ready for 2005 and my wife thinks I'm disturbed. Friday night I started playing at about 10 pm (after the kids went to bed, you older guys know what I mean). I'm playing a dynasty where I'm the coach of Nebraska and Florida, I sim all of the Nebraska games and just do all of the recruiting and I play all of the Florida games, well around 5:30 am I woke up to find the controller in my lap, a crick in my neck and my Gators backed up to my own goal line after what had to have been over an hour of delay of game penalties. I figured this was a good sign that I should get some sleep. The next morning, late morning mind you, when I got up my wife said "You were playing football until 5:30? You're nuts." I told her what had happened she laughed and said "isn't there a rule where you can't get that many penalties?" I reminded her that the football rule makers have never had to deal with a team just deciding to not snap the ball for over an hour, I can see my QB though getting talked to by the ref 'hey you need to snap the ball!', 'Well I don't wanna, my coach is sleeping.' Anyone else doing anything interesting, or stupid as my wife would put it, to prepare for 2005?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 05:49 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: What are you doing to get ready for 2005?

The only thing I did was made sure the apartment was nice and orderly so I won't have to tend to it for a while. I was also tweaking my speaker setup to try and get every last ounce of juice out of them for when I play in the really loud stadiums.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #3
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9

I am getting high speed internet hooked up on Monday or Tuesday and my wife thinks I am crazy getting high speed internet for my Xbox. but without online play I would not be getting the full NCAA 2005 experiance!
Old 07-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well, I just got an XBOX for the three football games coming out, so I'm playing Tony Hawk: Underground (The only game I have for XBOX at the moment) to get used to the controller.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:51 PM   #5
Rookie

jk5911's Arena

Nothing that bad but my wife does think I am a dork for getting all excited about a game. She's cool though. She waited with me in line at midnight for my PS2 when it was released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 05:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

Aaenuel said:
The only thing I did was made sure the apartment was nice and orderly so I won't have to tend to it for a while. I was also tweaking my speaker setup to try and get every last ounce of juice out of them for when I play in the really loud stadiums.

Yeah I can't wait to blare the speakers with this game. When the neighbors start coming over wondering how I have a marching band in my house I'll know I have it right.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

jk5911 said:
Nothing that bad but my wife does think I am a dork for getting all excited about a game. She's cool though. She waited with me in line at midnight for my PS2 when it was released.

That's dedication! You lucky man. My wife is going to play in our 12 team league this year, we'll see how she'll do. She's beat some of the guys in the league already in 2004 games so I'm sure she'll be fine, she knows more about it than any other women I know that's for sure.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:58 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

usmevans7 said:
Quote:

jk5911 said:

That's dedication! You lucky man. My wife is going to play in our 12 team league this year, we'll see how she'll do. She's beat some of the guys in the league already in 2004 games so I'm sure she'll be fine, she knows more about it than any other women I know that's for sure.

Isn't it awesome when you are with a woman who loves to play video games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »