Home

Ever have a great colllege player, but was a huge bust in Madden?

This is a discussion on Ever have a great colllege player, but was a huge bust in Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2004, 02:19 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Ever have a great colllege player, but was a huge bust in Madden?

I had a QB named LeVon Vance who had 86 speed as well as pass ratings into the 90s. He broke pretty much every QB record at Oregon State, as well as some rushing records. On his first run of his career, he took a QB draw 86 yards for a TD. He was a Vick clone. Left handed, black, amazing arm, OK accuracy, and he was #7.

He eventually left as a Junior after winning a NC almost single handedly. (Vick, again)

I drafted him into Madden with the 7th overall pick. I had Brees but he was sucking in year 4 or so. In his first preseason game, he throws 4 picks in one half. It was more of the same throughout his career. After a few seasons, his 82 OVR rating as a rookie had been reduced to a low 60, and he was a career backup after I cut him after 3 years in the league.

He was the best player I had in NCAA 2004, and was a blast to play with. Unfortunately, he just didn't work out in the NFL.

Anyone else have a guy that was amazing for you in college, but sucked in the NFL?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Superman_TR's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Ever have a great colllege player, but was a huge bust in Madden?

Yeah man! I had a WR named Tiger McPherson who broke every single receiving record in college football history! He was 6'4" with a 97 in speed, 98 in catching, and ratings in the 90s in agility and jumping. He was a monster. He was drafted #1 overall by the chiefs on madden and he never really produced much because the chiefs didn't have a QB at the time. So I kept checking his stats and he never got over 600 yards receiving. What a waste of talent!
Old 07-11-2004, 09:08 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I drafted once what I thought was a 'safe' pick in my first draft last year. I forget his name but he was an OLineman from Michigan. Was like a 96 OVL in NCAA.

He came out as like a 73 OVL in Madden. Then he just simply NEVER progressed, he even went down. After about 4 years he couldn't even start a game for me so I let him go into free agency.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I find that Chris Gamble, rated in the high 80's when drafted, never does well in the pros no matter what team took him. This always surprised me.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:14 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

quochai said:
I find that Chris Gamble, rated in the high 80's when drafted, never does well in the pros no matter what team took him. This always surprised me.

As a Panther fan, don't tell me that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 11:16 AM   #6
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I never even liked looking at any of the real college players in Madden, especially the ones I liked because the game never started the ones that should've started, and started the ones that SHOULD'NT have.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:23 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Wsv771 said:
Quote:

quochai said:

Maybe he'll have better luck in real life
Old 07-11-2004, 01:42 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Wsv771 said:
Quote:

quochai said:

Well you're really gonna think this is weird then. I was the Panthers in Madden '04 and I actually drafted Gamble. He was a Heisman candidate before he left with a lot of all-purpose yards and he had, like, 10 picks. Anyway, I drafted him and he got injured first season...season ender. Dropped in rating and kept getting burned constantly the following year. I had to release him after his 3 yr contract was up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »