Home

Warning for all you MAX DRIVE Users

This is a discussion on Warning for all you MAX DRIVE Users within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Warning for all you MAX DRIVE Users

I just highlighted the files on my PS2 memory card, told it to move about 85% of em to the USB Max Drive. It did, then when it was done it said there was ZERO files on my PS2 card. I rebooted to PS2 browser and there was still files on there but all of them were corrupted.

So just a warning, backup any files on your memory card before copying to Max Drive. I'm thinking it was because I used the MOVE command. After I was done formatting that memory card I chose another one and copied the files rather than moving them and it didn't corrupt that card.

So if I were you i'd backup the files for sure but if not then copy files over, then delete them from the card in the PS2 browser interface instead of using that MOVE command.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Warning for all you MAX DRIVE Users

I had the same problem with another MAX product. I don't know if its the same thing but i have a MAX Memory Card that came with a little gamecube-sized Cd. I used the move function and it corrupted the original files. If its not the same product then The MAX products are faulty or somethin
Old 07-11-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Warning for all you MAX DRIVE Users

Well the Max Drive is suppose to be a backup device. So it's ridiculous that you'd have to backup to what, another memory card, before backing up to it.

The point of it is so you don't have to buy additional memory cards.

You should raise hell so that eventually the company hears there's a problem. I've heard other stories of corruption too and I just got mine yesterday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »