Home

10 first impressions...(Long)

This is a discussion on 10 first impressions...(Long) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2004, 09:10 PM   #17
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: 10 first impressions...(Long)

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
If its just a tad better then last years then ill be happy. From everything I have read it is. So no worries for me. Every game will have it faults.

Don't take the rant on the old stuff being tired as an indictment on the gameplay. I'd love to see new presentation and was hoping for some, but there's none to be had. To be fair, that dissapointment should be easy enough to get past, if you already like the game. I wish ESPN would implement better momentum and if they don't it will also be dissapointing...but I'll still play the hell out of it. If you can live with the same visuals, you'll find that the GAMEPLAY is vastly improved, Dook...The slower pace and defensive improvement are both HUGE. You won't be dissapointed. Think of this as NCAA 2004 with a gameplay update, instead of a cosmetic one.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:12 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

It just sounds to me like you're not really an NCAA Football fan. Who doesn't touch dynasty mode?
Old 07-11-2004, 09:14 PM   #19
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

Quote:

TexasRenegade said:
hmm most of your impressions seem exactly opposite of what other reviews and reviewers have said, so doesn't truly bother me.

oh btw, there has been a power button in running the ball for years. If you sprint when running and you have a decent break tackle, you will power through and over tacklers, least i always did last year, course i had power backs and couldn't go outside to save my life.

You can trust ol' Hank my friend.

And the speed burst doesn't allow you to power over defenders unless you've had time to build up some steam. If you haven't been jamming in the turbo BEFORE you hit the defender, pressing it at the point of impact doesnt cover up or put your head down.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:15 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

HMcCoy, I appreciate the impressions. I agree that there are a lot of things that need to be improved, but I still love this series and I'm sure I'll like this years version. I was just wondering, are you more of a pro football fan than a college football fan? I'm not implying that this would affect your judgement of the game (if anything, it would make it more objective), I was just curious. I think for a lot of fans of this game, myself included, that the atmosphere is what makes it so fun for us. But if you weren't a huge college football fan, this obviously wouldn't make a very big difference. I think that that's what this game is so good at, but I definitely agree that it needs some major upgrades in presentation and gameplay can always be improved.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:15 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 29

Were you playing on XBox or PS2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 09:16 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

Hey what button is the hit stick in this game? Xbox version...
Old 07-11-2004, 09:21 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

AirLobo23 said:
It's almost like you're trying to take shots at NCAA and promote another game at the same time? I don't understand, why even post impressions? If you don't like NCAA, Madden, EA etc etc then why buy it? Just so you can criticize and promote the other game?

Thanks for the impressions, I guess?

So you'd rather have someone post things if they already love the game and won't give you their honest opinions? Personally this is the exact person I want to hear reviews from. Who's going to give you the most honest opinion on the features of a new baby, the parents or someone who isn't attached?
Old 07-11-2004, 09:22 PM   #24
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
It just sounds to me like you're not really an NCAA Football fan. Who doesn't touch dynasty mode?

Nah I'm not really. Can't you tell? I'm one of those guys that got tired of that same ol game last year. Those who AREN"T tired of the same ol game will LOVE this one. Kinda redundant, but true nonetheless.

BTW, There were way too many people chompin' at the bit to get their turn to make them all wait so I could snoop around the dynasty mode. Just to offer a democratic response to my negativity..My one buddy absolutely LOVED the game. LOVED it. Out of the 6 of us, 3 said F this game, bring on ESPN...2 said F Sega, EA is still the king of gameplay...and 1 guy said he's got to see how the CPU plays before he judges...

Remember fellas...Grain of salt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »