Home

wireless controller problem

This is a discussion on wireless controller problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2015, 10:21 AM   #1
Rookie

RyanXGrindle's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry wireless controller problem

Hoping maybe someone has seen this problem, or has a solution. I have been playing NCAA for years, and never had a problem like this. I have NCAA 14 for the 360. Have had it since it came out without any problems. I have always like playing with a wired controller better, but recently my old one began to have some button sticking issues, so I switched to an almost brand new wireless on I had laying around. The problem is that during gameplay the controller will not stay connected. I can navigate menus, check stats, etc. However, as soon as I get into a game I can never play more then a few seconds before the controller shuts off. It is not the batteries, and seems to only happened during gameplay. I did plug in the old wired controller, and played a drive or two with no problems (other then sticky buttons). If anyone has seen this before, or has any advice, let me know.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #2
MVP

whughes's Arena

Re: wireless controller problem

Not sure if this will help you at all, but I've had a similar problem on PS3 with one of my wireless controllers. Exact same thing, it'll work fine in the menus but as soon as I go into a game or practice mode it won't stay connected. However, when I plugged it in using the PS3 charge cable it worked fine. I just chalked it up to a Bluetooth issue. Maybe try plugging it in? Not sure if you have the rechargeable battery pack with the charge cable or not. But it's worth a shot

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 12-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanXGrindle
Hoping maybe someone has seen this problem, or has a solution. I have been playing NCAA for years, and never had a problem like this. I have NCAA 14 for the 360. Have had it since it came out without any problems. I have always like playing with a wired controller better, but recently my old one began to have some button sticking issues, so I switched to an almost brand new wireless on I had laying around. The problem is that during gameplay the controller will not stay connected. I can navigate menus, check stats, etc. However, as soon as I get into a game I can never play more then a few seconds before the controller shuts off. It is not the batteries, and seems to only happened during gameplay. I did plug in the old wired controller, and played a drive or two with no problems (other then sticky buttons). If anyone has seen this before, or has any advice, let me know.

Thanks.
I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm curious why you like a wired controller better than wireless. I think wireless are better in every possible way and I think it's the greatest improvement of the 360 generation of games over all previous games.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 12-14-2015, 09:07 AM   #4
Rookie

RyanXGrindle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm curious why you like a wired controller better than wireless. I think wireless are better in every possible way and I think it's the greatest improvement of the 360 generation of games over all previous games.

Although I certainly don't mind playing with wireless controllers, there are two reasons I prefer the wired ones. The first is not having to switch the batteries out (never got a round to buying a recharge kit). This is mostly just a laziness thing, and I could probably work around it. The more important reason is that I don't like having the battery pack on the back. The wired ones, much like the new Xbox One controllers are flat on the back, while the wireless ones have the battery pack on the back. It seems like a small thing I am sure, but I guess its just a personal preference.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:43 AM   #5
Rookie

switch8's Arena

im having same issue with my ps3 controlls all 3 of them it will just disconnect in the middle of game play and has costed me a few games so annoying but the weird part is it does the same thing even if its plugged in with the cable as well ive tryed everything and cant seem to find the issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2015, 08:44 AM   #6
Rookie

RyanXGrindle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch8
im having same issue with my ps3 controlls all 3 of them it will just disconnect in the middle of game play and has costed me a few games so annoying but the weird part is it does the same thing even if its plugged in with the cable as well ive tryed everything and cant seem to find the issue

I just ended up buying another wired one, and that solved my problem. I am a little worried now because I do want to have the wireless option if I want to play multiplayer, or something else comes up. On a side note, controllers for the 360 are more expensive then I though they would be, even used it was $30. As far as your problem, I don't really have a solution for you. If it cuts out even while the controller is plugged in I am not sure what the problem could be.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:33 AM   #7
Rookie

just want to more information.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
Rookie

switch8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanXGrindle
I just ended up buying another wired one, and that solved my problem. I am a little worried now because I do want to have the wireless option if I want to play multiplayer, or something else comes up. On a side note, controllers for the 360 are more expensive then I though they would be, even used it was $30. As far as your problem, I don't really have a solution for you. If it cuts out even while the controller is plugged in I am not sure what the problem could be.
ya ive bought 2 new controllers and still same issue so im thinking something is wrong with ps3 and not sure what to do or how to go about fixing it without losing stuff on it very annoying this is the first yr i havnt gotten to play a dynasty with new rosters becuz of the issue it cutting off at the worse times in a game and causing me a sack or running me out of bounds ect very dissappointed cant find a fix

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »