Home

Getting top recruits in 2004 ...

This is a discussion on Getting top recruits in 2004 ... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 01:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Getting top recruits in 2004 ...

I have been trying to shore up my pass defense in my dynasty with OU and I have one 2 championships back to back and still haven't got a 5 star corner after 2 friggin years. Somebody that knows how to really get who you want spill the beans cause I can't afford to give up many passing yards with weak corners, appreciate any cotton pickin help.............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 01:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Getting top recruits in 2004 ...

Any 4 star or better corners have interest that is at least high? if so, throw em all u got. Also, check instate. I've noticed that any decent prospect there should have a good amount of interest if u just won 2 NTs.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:21 AM   #3
MVP

But there has to be some pattern to the madness. I had interest in some of the 4 star guys but their 40 times were not up to standards. I had a senior on my team with the same average speed as some of those recruits and with a higher overall. That same senior rode the pine all season long after getting toasted repeatedly.Theres a formula out there. I need speed at the position before I lose the coaching job with my Sooner Nation....
Old 07-12-2004, 01:23 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

LOSE YOUR JOB? You just won back to back! Just check out the all prospects and go through, find some guys that have a green level of interest and find the ones that have the good 40 times
Old 07-12-2004, 01:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Im sure you can find some guys easily man...they wont be great right away though, so you shoulda looked into this a year ahead of time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 01:48 AM   #6
MVP

I always sim the first year of any franchise and then take over in the off-season. OU didn't win the NC in 03 so I had to make due and patch some holes. But derrick Strait was gone and Antonio Perkins( the only fast DB except for safety Eric Bassey) was was all I had for speed guys at the corner position and he got hurt for 9weeks so... I won the first NC and got 2 corners they had 91 speed respectively. No awareness, no tackling ,average at best. I won the 05 NC and still no love....
Old 07-12-2004, 03:54 AM   #7
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

I play as Illinois, I won a National Championship and got 3 5 star corners to committ lol, one 4.24 speed, one 4.37 speed, one 4.44 speed

but if you have slow DB's get fast DEs or OLBs, a good pass rush makes up for slower CBs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »