Home

Do you ever feel that the "good players" are only good because .......

This is a discussion on Do you ever feel that the "good players" are only good because ....... within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-12-2004, 04:35 AM   #17
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Do you ever feel that the \"good players\" are only good because .......

I'm playin online as the Illini, they're also a B- overall so just let me know if you want a game sometime, gamertag in my sig, send me a friend request once you get live or post your gamertag and I'll send you one.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:38 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Adding up all the usernames I used last year, my winning percentage was over 90% so I would say I am an elite player and I can play just as well with C teams as A+ teams. When I play online I like to let the other guy pick his team and then I pick a team that has the same overall grade. It gets boring playing with the same team everytime (at least for me). Playing with C teams is very different than with A teams though. The pace is slower because of the lack of speed. Also, big time players have more of an impact. Josh Harris of Bowling Green was a monster in C+ games last year because he would have been good on any team. Also Babin, the DE from Western Michigan was dominant.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:53 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

This year they have the fairplay option. All ratings are set the same regardless of what team you use. That should take care of this problem. Now it will be up to skill. And luck of course, turnovers are just as important in video football as in real football.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:12 AM   #20
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

I will play with WSU a lot, because it is my school.

But I like a lot of the lesser teams, I played with Boise St., Kent St., etc. online.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:15 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have PS2 Online, and I will be using Oregon State (B+), Rutgers (B-), and Rice (D ). I don't think those are considered powerhouses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Do you ever feel that the \"good players\" are only good because ...

Here's my dillema. I always use Purdue. It gets really annoying playing people who talk a lot of crap and have a "fav school" then when you go to team select they pick an even better team than their "fav school" that was better than Purdue to begin with. Now if they win they go off bragging about how great they are even though they had a HUGE advantage. However, the usually don't win. No, they glitch or quit or something and when I call them on it they say "It was BS, no WAY could purdue win. I quit cause you were cheating"

Also, anybody ever notice how the top 100 or so guys always have a 1 star connection. I guess they're used to playing a choppy as hell game.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:45 AM   #23
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
Some of the best games I had online last year were Fresno State/Hawaii and Army/Navy.

exactly, I love playing as the more 'unknown' teams. I tend to use Michigan in my dynasty, and other teams online to mix it up.

oh, I don't like the idea of that online fairplay thing that evens up the teams, I prefer to play as the original ratings, even if that makes me more of an underdog
Old 07-12-2004, 01:41 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 7

More than likely I will use North Carolina online this year, but I have a feeling if I get my [censored] handed to me the first couple of games I will choose a better team to play with until I get better. It should be fun and challenging, the Heels offense will be pretty good but defense is pretty sucky and supposedly the special teams got a C+ even though we have an All-American kicker (Connor Barth) coming in, Wooldridge is an awesome punter, he had plenty of opps. last year, and Mike Mason and Jawarski Pollock are deadly on the return game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »