Home

Early Impressions

This is a discussion on Early Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 01:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Early Impressions

Maybe compare it this way, were you more impressed with the changes made from 2003 to 2004 than you were with the changes from 2004 to 2005? If you think of what they "change/update" in the years past and don't think of them as creating a brand new game then it makes more sense that there aren't as many changes from year to year. And if they suddenly did listen and made most of the changes us die hards crave to create the perfect game that would cause you to give it a "10" what would be the reason to spend the $50 for next year's game, because personally having the newer rosters doesn't really do it for me.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:28 PM   #10
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm happy with minimal change and just added features. Look at the demise at the ESPN NBA Franchise. Sometimes drastic changes aren't good.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:31 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Mos1ted said:
I'm happy with minimal change and just added features. Look at the demise at the ESPN NBA Franchise. Sometimes drastic changes aren't good.

True, if it's not broke (aka selling like mad) don't fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 01:34 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

usmevans7 said:
Quote:

Mos1ted said:

True, if it's not broke (aka selling like mad) don't fix it.

Sometimes selling like mad doesn't mean it's not broke. There are alot of mindless zombies out there.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:36 PM   #13
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

The thing I can't wait to see is the improvement it has over 2003. I played a little of 2004, but didn't buy it.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:38 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

jake44np said:
So what would you have done to make it better, without changing the overall game?

I dunno maybe implement a few of the following

* REAL run blocking. Yea, it's looking better but the guys stuck in "permahugs" have to go.

* Gang tackling

* Better implementation of ratings overall. These guys all play too vanilla this year. Agility? With the new turn on skis program that's out the window.

* Keep the line of sight stuff going...this year it seems like the D will instinctively break off assignments or blocks once the ball is past the LOS. Hate this.

* HFA is fine I guess

* Matchup stick be something that you can utilize 3x per game...ration em over a few key moments.

* Timeout coaching is a cool concept but I've noticed nothing beneficial from it.

* Amp up the player models/stadiums to Madden quality.

* Add new commentary...pretty bad this year in terms of being stuff we've heard since 03.

* Make a CPU AI that actually runs, or passes, the ball with ANY success whatsoever. The AI of the CPU on O is atrocious on AA.

That would be a start anyways. EA has a year...ready, set, go. Next year will be "FREESTYLE PASSING" or something that lets you use the Right Analog to pump fake...and everytime you use it, it'll F the DB up like crazy and the producers will be all "We reward user control at EA and the pump fake is a quintessential part of the passing game in the college landscape."
Old 07-12-2004, 01:46 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

you can already pump fake with the right analog well at least last years version you could.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 01:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

The best thing that could possibly happen to the series is the move to the next generation consoles... Once XBox Next and the PS3 come out...they'll rewrite in cooler things.

For right now...

The stuff you mention has been broken for a long time, but it's stuff that isn't really "broken." If you check out what the AI is doing in the cover 2 situation it's doing its job. The problem comes in that these aren't NFL'ers. They make stupid mistakes and EA hasn't really shown that they know how the simulate those situations where a RS Freshman gets confused on a flood....

When I watch real college football they execute about 90% of the time on championship teams. In NCAA even the worst teams execute plays, coverages, etc 90% of the time.

If what you say is true then offline mode probably hasn;t changed too much. Which isn't a bad thing because you can tweak everything to make the game fit your concept of a "good" game.

Bottom Line: Awwww shucks...but...SLIDERS RULE!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »